Green Card Renewal, Please Help me.....

pprcp

Registered Users (C)
First of all I'm planning to take a vacation this year ( maybe December until January of 07) and my green card is gonna expired January of 2007. I'm planning to stay for 3 weeks or so with my family. I would like to renew my greencard now before I'll take my vacation so I don't have any problem coming here in the US with an expired Green Card.

Is there anyway I can renew my green card now?

Thank you in advance of all your response.

I think u can begin the process now.. If u r rtn after the expired date, it is best to go ahead and file I 90..Usually it takes abt 3mths depending where u r filing... If by the time u r ready 2 tvl and u have not recv'd the card take ur notice to local office and they will stamp ur passport... good luck!!

What is Not a Commuter and Commuter??

Is that the states where I live and my Local INS.
City of Residence where you applied for an Immigrant Visa or Adjustment Status??

Is that means the states where I live or my Local INS.
Consulate where Immigrant Visa was issued or USCIS office where status was adjusted??

Is that means The date on my I-797C which is my interview date or the notice date.
Date of admission as an Immigrant or Adjustment Status??

Thank you in advance of all your respone.

pprcp said:
What is Not a Commuter and Commuter??

Is that the states where I live and my Local INS.
City of Residence where you applied for an Immigrant Visa or Adjustment Status??

Is that means the states where I live or my Local INS.
Consulate where Immigrant Visa was issued or USCIS office where status was adjusted??

Is that means The date on my I-797C which is my interview date or the notice date.

Thank you in advance of all your respone.
U r welcome first off... Now... "a commuter is someone who tvls fr hme in a suburb to wk in the city". Is has no relevant to ur definition mentioned above... I do hope this helps a bit.....

what I should answer or write of all the questions below.....I'm a lil bit confused about the questions...

My questions are::

thanks in advance.

pprcp said:
what I should answer or write of all the questions below.....I'm a lil bit confused about the questions...

My questions are::

thanks in advance.

Basically, it is just asking u which country were u in at the time when u applied 4 immigration benefits.. whether here in the US or ur country of birth....Do hope this clarify things 4 u a bit...

Last edited by a moderator:
charchamps said:
Basically, it is just asking u which country were u in at the time when u applied 4 immigration benefits.. whether here in the US or ur country of birth....Do hope this clarify things 4 u a bit...

I came here through Fiance(e) visa. I applied to become a LPR here in the US. And I was interview in my states Local INS.

I'm still wondering about the Date of admission as an Immigrant or Adjustment Status?? I don't know what I should put or write because I have different letter or notices from the USCIS. The last letter I received from the USCIS when I received my Green Card but before my Green Card I have a notice from them for Fingerprinting and Biometrics.

I don't know what date I should put or write for Date of admission as an Immigrant or Adjustment Status??

Hopefully can everybody help me with this. Thanks in advance for all the answers of my questions and sorry for the confussion.

I'm thinking maybe I write the Received date on my Notice. Both letters from the USCIS has the same Date of Received Date. SO maybe I just write it down.

pprcp said:
I came here through Fiance(e) visa. I applied to become a LPR here in the US. And I was interview in my states Local INS.

I'm still wondering about the Date of admission as an Immigrant or Adjustment Status?? I don't know what I should put or write because I have different letter or notices from the USCIS. The last letter I received from the USCIS when I received my Green Card but before my Green Card I have a notice from them for Fingerprinting and Biometrics.

I don't know what date I should put or write for Date of admission as an Immigrant or Adjustment Status??

Hopefully can everybody help me with this. Thanks in advance for all the answers of my questions and sorry for the confussion.

I'm thinking maybe I write the Received date on my Notice. Both letters from the USCIS has the same Date of Received Date. SO maybe I just write it down.
Were u granted any thing at all fr ur interview? What was told 2 u @ the interview? I'm lost here...