Green Card Processes

sarvalokesh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my H1b Approval recently and I am planning to apply for Green Card now. Can some one please advice me on how to start the process. How I should maintain my paystubs and other documents. I want to know the complete process please

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Lokesh.

It depends...

Dear Lokesh,

It all depends on which employment based category you are applying under. For instance, if you are applying under EB1 - Extraordinary Ability/National Interest Waiver, you do not have to obtain Labor Certification. You would simply file I-140 and I-485. This, however, would be pretty tough because you would have to prove to USCIS that your work is internationally recognized with a lot of publications (for extraordinary ability)/a job offer (national interest waiver).

I think you would most likely fall under EB2 and EB3. EB2, I believe, requires a master's degree or equivalent experience. EB3 would require a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Given that there is a significant backlog for EB3, I recommend you would apply under EB2 if you are not qualified for EB1.

Please keep in mind that you would need to have your employer to file PERM (all labor have to be filed under PERM as of this March) and I-140.

Good luck...

Japanese