green card not backdated 1 year

clisp

Registered Users (C)
my green card (I-485) was approved in 2002 in Las Vegas but they did not backdate the approval with one year . i went back there and told them about it , and they told me that does not apply to me , the IO even went in the back and asked a supervisor i felt like a fool wasting 3 hours there

anyway i can fix this or who should i talk to since the people at local INS dont know about it

btw , this is asylum and not refugee
at one point the IO told me that this applies only to refugees

my question is , is anyone out there with the same problem

clisp said:
my green card (I-485) was approved in 2002 in Las Vegas but they did not backdate the approval with one year . i went back there and told them about it , and they told me that does not apply to me , the IO even went in the back and asked a supervisor i felt like a fool wasting 3 hours there

anyway i can fix this or who should i talk to since the people at local INS dont know about it

btw , this is asylum and not refugee
at one point the IO told me that this applies only to refugees

my question is , is anyone out there with the same problem

Give a complete timeline please?

(f) Decision. The applicant shall be notified of the decision, and if the application is denied, of the reasons for denial. No appeal shall lie from the denial of an application by the director but such denial will be without prejudice to the alien's right to renew the application in proceedings under part 240 of this chapter. If the application is approved, the director shall record the alien's admission for lawful permanent residence as of the date one year before the date of the approval of the application, but not earlier than the date of the approval for asylum in the case of an applicant approved under paragraph (a)(2) of this section. (Amended effective 7/6/98; 63 FR 30105)

i found this here http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...mplates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-8cfrsec2092

i guess i am gona try and reaply on my own without dealing with the local INS and i am gona print that little paragraph also

the strange thing is that they dont have the same thing on "operation instructions" i remeber seing the same thing , but somehow they removed it

http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...0?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-oi209
btw from the time i applied till i got approved is about average , 3 years

Last edited by a moderator: