• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Green Card Mailing -- How do they address it?

buwalagos

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I am not sure how to construct this question. So I will do my best.

I signed up for a mail forwarding service in USA to receive green card. The address will be in my name (example Jane Doe). I will supply this address to KCC.

There are 3 members in my family. So my question is, do they mail each green card separately for each family member. Stating “C/O Jane Doe”

OR do they send 3 green cards and documents in one Mail (in one envelope)

I hope you understood my question.

The reason I am asking this question is, the mail forwarding company does not allow the address to be used as C/O (Care Of)

I'm not sure how the forwarding service works, but in my case, my husband and i received the green cards in 2 separate envelopes addressed to each of our name-not 2 envelopes in one name, though I'm the principal applicant and not 1 envelope with 2 cards.

I'm not sure how the forwarding service works, but in my case, my husband and i received the green cards in 2 separate envelopes addressed to each of our name-not 2 envelopes in one name, though I'm the principal applicant and not 1 envelope with 2 cards.

Ok.....so did you have your own address or did you use a friends address to recieve the green cards. If you did use a freinds address, did letters arrive "C/O friends name"

I can add my husbands name to the existing mail forwarding account. So that he can recieve mail in his name

I am just wondering what address I should put in my daughters DS230 form.
I might have to get a sperate address for my daughter from the mail forwaring company? :confused:

The send each card in a separate envelope. If you mail forwarder wont accept c/o you need to setup another one or have someone in the US.

How long before GC

I have following questions, I will be thankful if someone can reply.

Can someone inform how long it takes to get the GC after you have arrived in USA and your case has been endorsed?

What does endorsement means in this case? Is it a simple matter or their could be complications in it?

I have following questions, I will be thankful if someone can reply.

Can someone inform how long it takes to get the GC after you have arrived in USA and your case has been endorsed?

What does endorsement means in this case? Is it a simple matter or their could be complications in it?

That is very different from case to case. We got our cards withing 4 weeks, a friend received his in less then 3 weeks, for some it took more than three month.