Green Card mailed to Old Address

name_stuck

Registered Users (C)
My GC was mailed last week to old address.. any ideas what i need to do now how long before it gets returned to sender? anyone with similar experince?

i have change of address but i was told it is not forwarded and the change was done a little more than a year ago so dont know how long USPS does the address forwarding..

what if it does not go back to sender , how long and how to apply for replacement?

Thanks

finally recieved GC

finally i recived the card yesterday evening and it is finally end to a long process.. The mail was sent back to the sender and they automatically put in my new address and re-mailed it to my new address

HI guys,
I received an e mail teling me that the welcome notice has been mailed ..this was on 6/19/07. I ahve not received it in the mail yet and I will be moving tomorrow. Unfortunately I had already requested for mail forwarding service 10 days ago and they will start forwarding my mail from tomorrow or the day after. I didnt know at that time that USCIS mails are not forwarded... Can anyone advise on what I should do ? I am moving from NY to Wisconsin.
Would greatly appreciate any advice.

finally i recived the card yesterday evening and it is finally end to a long process.. The mail was sent back to the sender and they automatically put in my new address and re-mailed it to my new address
name_stuck,

Did your online message change to "card returned" or something??? my card went to my old address too but it is now over 25 days since I recd "Card mailed" email and I still didn't see the online message change to "card returned". Please advice.

According to the U.S. Postal Service’s Domestic Mail Manual, section 507 Mailer Services, subsection 3.4.1(c), the following types of mail are not forwarded – “mail showing specific instructions of the sender (e.g. Return Service Requested or Change of Service Requested).” Some USCIS mail (e.g. Texas Service Center) displays the postal meter mark ‘Return Service Requested,’ thereby requiring correspondence to be returned if undeliverable at the address posted for the recipient
Failure to forward USCIS correspondence adversely impacts applicants/petitioners and USCIS as it causes unnecessary and excessive delays, and burdens the system and processes. Applicants/petitioners miss appointments, interviews, and hearing dates; fail to receive approval and receipt notices; and may not obtain returned incomplete applications or blank immigration forms. USCIS is encumbered with unnecessary inquiries, pervasive rescheduling issues/problems, and burgeoning piles of un-filed papers. This leads to inefficient use of existing labor and negatively impacts backlog reduction efforts as resources could be more appropriately assigned for increased and optimal productivity and efficacy.
so your mail can t be forward and hope that help you

godawgs;

I got the same issue with my wife's GC; it was sent it to the old address; basically when the Postal office returned the mail ; the USCIS update the case and you will see a message which it said something like

Current Status: Card returned by the post office as undeliverable.
On August 8, 2007, the post office returned our last notice as undeliverable. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address.

The return timeframe depend of how much time would take the Postal office for returning back the mail....once you notice the update on your case call to customer services and they will request a mail service.....in my case on Jul 17 the gc was mailed, on Aug 8 was returned to USCIS , on Aug 9 was mailed again and we received on Aug 16.

Good luck.

mgomez

godawgs;

I got the same issue with my wife's GC; it was sent it to the old address; basically when the Postal office returned the mail ; the USCIS update the case and you will see a message which it said something like

Current Status: Card returned by the post office as undeliverable.
On August 8, 2007, the post office returned our last notice as undeliverable. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address.

The return timeframe depend of how much time would take the Postal office for returning back the mail....once you notice the update on your case call to customer services and they will request a mail service.....in my case on Jul 17 the gc was mailed, on Aug 8 was returned to USCIS , on Aug 9 was mailed again and we received on Aug 16.

Good luck.

mgomez

I had the same issue. I had mail forwarding for a year and I moved about three months ago. The mail which had my card clearly said that Return Service Requested......fortunately either the PO missed that or they did not care but they forwarded to my address anyways......so that was a bit fortunate for me....:D....ideally they should not have forwarded that for security reasons but i aint complaining.....lol.....sometimes their goof ups can be a blessing too....

what about mails that does not have "return service requested" stamp. I checked my old mails that most of them don't have it. I am expecting a bio notice and I put it forwarding with usps. will I get it?

According to the U.S. Postal Service’s Domestic Mail Manual, section 507 Mailer Services, subsection 3.4.1(c), the following types of mail are not forwarded – “mail showing specific instructions of the sender (e.g. Return Service Requested or Change of Service Requested).” Some USCIS mail (e.g. Texas Service Center) displays the postal meter mark ‘Return Service Requested,’ thereby requiring correspondence to be returned if undeliverable at the address posted for the recipient
Failure to forward USCIS correspondence adversely impacts applicants/petitioners and USCIS as it causes unnecessary and excessive delays, and burdens the system and processes. Applicants/petitioners miss appointments, interviews, and hearing dates; fail to receive approval and receipt notices; and may not obtain returned incomplete applications or blank immigration forms. USCIS is encumbered with unnecessary inquiries, pervasive rescheduling issues/problems, and burgeoning piles of un-filed papers. This leads to inefficient use of existing labor and negatively impacts backlog reduction efforts as resources could be more appropriately assigned for increased and optimal productivity and efficacy.
so your mail can t be forward and hope that help you