Green card mailed but not received...help

gcsoon2004

Registered Users (C)
hi all...gurus..........

I changed my residence after filing i485 and sent AR-11 form ..but didn't called NSC for address change. I got I485 approval mail on 9/19/04 (I485 ND: 4/46/02). I got my passport stamped on 9/30/04.(newark)..my courtesy copy came at the old address but since all mails are routed to new address ..i got the courtesy copy. I told Img. officer about the change of address and also wrote the new address on the approval letter while stamping. I also called NSC after 15 days of stamping to update the new address.

My message changed on 11/3/04 as card ordered and 11/4/04 as card mailed. I haven't got the card yet as of 11/17/04. I'm confused if i'm going to get card on new address or will be sent back. I have ready many threads almost all of them got their cards in 3 to 6 days after being mailed. I also went to local USPS office and they said no mail will be returned and instead will be forwarded to new address.

I haven't got my welcome letter also as yet.

has anyone gone thru this problem please put some light on this. What to do if 14 days have passed by...call NSC or is there any other solution for this.

thanks in advance

AR-11 does not guarantee (almost does not affect) change of address.

Immigration mail is usually not forwared. U might have to call INS after 2 weeks to take action on that.

The card usually gets forwarded to new address, as it will not have 'Return Service Requested' stamp. Wait for two more weeks.

That's a new one. One of my friends did not get forwared last year. But maybe things might have changed.

I think the card will get forwarded as well. My card arrived in a plain white envelope with no way to tell the mail was from CIS. The return address was only a PO Box number of the Service center, but the actual name of the service center itself was not identified.

Scott

Does LUD changes every time you call NSC

Scottfla said:
I think the card will get forwarded as well. My card arrived in a plain white envelope with no way to tell the mail was from CIS. The return address was only a PO Box number of the Service center, but the actual name of the service center itself was not identified.

Scott

I called NSC today and they told me to wait for 30 days before calling them again...email for green mailed says "If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address."

My LUD was 11/4/04 saying your card is mailed..... and today i saw at 10 pm the LUD is 11/19/04. Does LUD changes everytime you call NSC.

The NSC rep. also told me to go to the office where i got my stamping done after 30 days...

I got my plastic card journey is over...thxs all

thanks all of you for your continued support..finally i got my card in mail today (11/22/04). Card was mailed to old address despite updating with NSC and IIO while stamping....but thank god wasn't shipped back......mail was sent to mail forwarding center from local office ...where they put yellow stamp....and mail it to new address..

Just for your info...mail forwarding stays for full one year from the day you move..No mail is ever sent back.

thanks once again.....

gcsoon2004 said:
Just for your info...mail forwarding stays for full one year from the day you move..No mail is ever sent back.

That is not entirely true, if the mail has 'Return Service Requested' stamp, it'll be sent back, and will not be forwarded.

ar888 said:
That is not entirely true, if the mail has 'Return Service Requested' stamp, it'll be sent back, and will not be forwarded.
Yes, and clearly there are records of different experiences. My card was sent to my old address and returned to USCIS, see my postings here and here .