Green card lost in mail

plasticcard

Registered Users (C)
My details are on my signature.....

The card is mailed on March 16th and I haven't received it yet.(14 days have paased).
My wife recieved her card 2 days after the mailed date and so is many others in the forum..

What should I do? I know, the customer service will say "wait for another 2 weeks"...

Did anyone go thru this? What should be my procedure now?

That sucks.. you can call and find out after 14 days right ?
give 14 business days and call the bozos.
I hope it arrives before that.

same thing had hapenned with a co-worker's wife card.
he rec'd it but his wife didn't.
A few days later, they rec'd a registered post from some other
GC filer from MN with their card.
BCIS/USCIS sent his wife card to some other GC filer who was
kind enough to send it registered to the right person.

All the best.

If the worst thing happened, you have to treat it as if you lost that card and file an application to get a new one. That process is very slow. One of my colleagues here had problems with his card. INS printed lawyer's name instead of his name on his green card. He waited a year to get the second card. Unfortunately, INS still printed lawyer's middle name on the second card. Right now he is still waiting to get the third card. However during the process, you can still use your temporay stamp to travel and work. You just need to renew it every year.

Why is the lawyer so persistent? :D
If this is the case, the lawyer should have thousands of green cards (suppose he has suscessfuly helped so many clients)!

Thank you guys for cheering me up..

gastroas,
If my card gets to somebody else, how do they know my address to sent it back? Does the card has my address? My wife's card is still in Florida with my Uncle...(that's our address) and hence I haven't seen a real card.

toolongawait,
Did you mean 30 days after the mailed date?

texasgc2004, your story really made me laugh..

I called the "useless" 1-800 number, and they asked me to wait another 14 days..I asked what if I do not receve it even then (another 14 days completes 30 days of waiting)? His answer is "I do not know"...

Last edited by a moderator:
even more rediculous

I knew a person who received two cards. One for himself with correct name and photo. One with his name and a woman's photo. :)

Same here for RFE letter. Web site said mailed on 3/11, and my lawyer hasn't received it as of today 3/30. Called USCIS and asked to wait for 30 days