green card lost and found-ask suggestions from experts

niwsam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Thanks for reading this post. I am in a weird situation and need your suggestions. My 485s got approved a couple of weeks ago. Since I moved just several days earlier I called CIS to ask them to update my address. on the same day my friend at my old address told me that my card had come and forwarded the cards to me.

Looks like everything is good since I got the card. however, I got a letter from CIS today regarding my change of address. It says that they have sent my card to my old address and it has not been returned to them, and let me file I-90 to start the process of getting a new card. It kind of implies that my card is lost and need to re-do it.

my question is: can I disregard the letter and keep using the card I got? is it possible that they had already cancelled my card when they wrote the letter? How long it is going to take if I need to re-do the card?

Thanks a lot for sharing your opinions.

Hi ,

I think that you should contact them , and tell them that you are in posession of you GC , and the adress change was made after your card was sent to your old adress !!! If you do so , i think will not be necessary for you do apply for the I-90 again !!! Just contact them or go to your local office and solve this problem !!! I think that ...You will be OK !!! Don't wait to long !!!

Good luck and enjoy the freedom !!!

regards,

ghebauer

Thank you, ghebauer.

GHEBAUER said:
Hi ,

I think that you should contact them , and tell them that you are in posession of you GC , and the adress change was made after your card was sent to your old adress !!! If you do so , i think will not be necessary for you do apply for the I-90 again !!! Just contact them or go to your local office and solve this problem !!! I think that ...You will be OK !!! Don't wait to long !!!

Good luck and enjoy the freedom !!!

regards,

ghebauer