Green Card issues any advice???

rwelford

Dear All,

I have been married to a US citizen for over a year, we were married in Thailand and lived in Greece while we were applying for the paperwork for my Green Card for the US

In September 2012 we received the news that I could go to America as my applications had been approved, upon arriving my wife and I began to settle into life as quickly as possible, 30 days after arriving my Green Card arrived, I had this a bank acocunt and a Social Security number, I was struggling to adjust to life and found it virtually impossible to find employment, my wife and my relationship began to strain, so much so that just before christmas she asked me to leave america as it was no longer what she wanted, i tried to stay and fight for my marriage but was ultimately taken to the airport by her father and her until i boarded a plane to the UK. before I did this she had taken my Green Card from me and any paperwork I had, I know she is going to immigration on weds 9th of jan to tell them what happened, but should she have taken my green card from me? taken everything I had for me to contact USCIS to tell them what actually happened? what can i do next? how am i able to contact them to say what happened before my wife tells them that I never wanted the marriage to work and I gave up my status etc etc