Green card Interview experience!!

Dasugo

Registered Users (C)
Good afternoon folks, just got back from my interview in San Antonio, Texas. I reside in Austin Texas and my meeting was at 8am today, Monday. So we woke up at the ass crack of the morning and rolled out to San Antonio. We got there at 730am, grabbed a quick bite to eat and walked into the building.

There had this silly rule about no phones with cameras allowed. Who DOESN"T have a cell phone with a camera these days?? Anyway, my wife had her phone in her purse and they never check the purse for her phone. I had mine on my waist so i had to take it to the car.

the building has 5-7 stories and we were made to wait on the first floor waiting room. We didn't see many couples like us. Couldn't tell who was a lawyer and all.

my interviewer was a friendly guy. Thanks to this forum, i knew that I shouldn't sit down before he swore us in. Then the interview started, it was a freaking breeze.

He pretty much went thru the i-485/G-325 questions to make sure our answers matched up. We gave full names and where we met stories. I even messed up the timeline. I met my wife in Jan 2004, I said Jan 2005. when the interviewer asked my wife for her full name, she answered with her maiden name. he didn't even flinch.

He asked for a wedding pics and how many people were at our wedding. My wife had brought 3 big albums. His eyes grew wide when we showed it to him.

He asked for bills and stuff that shows we live together. We gave him our car insurance, lease agreement, info on our joint bank account and401k beneficiary forms. it wasn't much compared to what other folks on the forum had brought to their interview. my lease agreement was only from July 2006 til now and her wife had written that she was living in Tx by May 2006. Again, he didn't even flinch.

Asked for my passport and drew a big line across m H-1b visa. Stamped my passport for 1 yr Perm Res. He said that If I don't get my Green card in the mail by 9 months to come back and we will re stamp it.

With the favor i have, i am sure it was arrive in 2 weeks or less. All in all, it took 15 mins max. I got my passport stamp and i can look anywhere for a job. I didn't even get to use my EAD card!!!!! WOO Hoo!!!!!!!

Any folks going to San antonio, i will more than happy to answer any questions about the place.

congrat Dasugo

congrats. i am so happy for u and i pray that God who did it for u will also do ours that are waiting for our interview as well. once again congratulation Dasugu cos we have been on this forum together.

Congratulations

Dasugo,

Congratulations!!! I agree, with your favor, your card should be in the mail in 10 days... :p

Enjoy your new status... :)