Green card incorrect, Oath ceremony is near??

sanjose123

Hello There,
I just past citizenship interview this month and received a letter to attend to the Oath ceremony next month. Yesterday i received another letter from Nebraska Servives Center ( which processed my Greencard application) says that I need to send back the Greencard immediately due to ' resident since' day is incorrect. What should i do now? As far as I know, the ' resident since' is correct. Please advice. Thank you for your help. Best regards. sj.

sanjose123 said:
Hello There,
I just past citizenship interview this month and received a letter to attend to the Oath ceremony next month. Yesterday i received another letter from Nebraska Servives Center ( which processed my Greencard application) says that I need to send back the Greencard immediately due to ' resident since' day is incorrect. What should i do now? As far as I know, the ' resident since' is correct. Please advice. Thank you for your help. Best regards. sj.

HI there!!!!!!!!!
I am assuming you obtained you green card this year between February and August based on your refugee status. GO to Political Asylum Forum and see my posts there about this issue.
NSC issued about 52000-53000 GCs with incorrect RESIDENCE SINCE date this year due to computer system error. The above menitoned cards are incorrect due to impromper backdating. Since NSC does NOT know which cards are incorrect, they sent everybody who got approved this year a letter ( yes even to people with CORRECT dates incl. myself) . Since you passed you N-400 interview, there is nothing to worry about. Your A-file has been reviewed by an IO and if he/she had discovered any error in connection with your residence since date (you would not have been eligible for naturalization) and you would not have passed you interview.
A lot of people on asylee forum said, they will send them a letter and a copy of their GC saying that the date on their card is correct.
Again just an internal CIS error. But to back yourself up, research more and see if you just send them a note saying the date is correct.
Good Luck and congratulations to your approval!!!!!!!!!!