Green Card in Processing...Court case in India...Please Help!

kumar143

Dear everyone,

Greetings! This is my first post in this forum and really need your expert advice on this.

Me and my wife are presently on EAD and living in US...and our green card is in processing as we are waiting for our priority date to be current.
Recently, due to some issues between my brother and his wife, my brother's wife registered a false case of dowry/abuse in the Indian court against my brother and parents (they are in India currently). She even put our names (me and my wife's) in her complaint of harassment. We do not have anything to do with those issues or even remotely connected with this case (we didnt even meet her in person during the three years after marriage), but still she and her family falsely implicated us both in order to harass our family more and more and to extort money. :(
The court proceedings are yet to start in Delhi. My concerns are:
- How this can affect our green card processing?
- Will this put any kind of red flag on the gc process?
- Is there a possibility for her to send summons to us through legal channels and to get us deported from US in this scenario.

We know people in India abuse the loopholes in Indian law (as they call 'legal gundaraj') , thats why we are very worried and want to take caution in our next steps. Please help us out with your expert views and suggest anything that we can do as precautionary measures.

Thank you so much!
Kumar

Last edited by a moderator:
That shudnt pose a problem here. During this time, see to it that you dont go to India .Indian Legal sysytem is different from Immigration to US.Good Luck.