green card in 3months in dallas

Status update

We have not received the GC yet. I am now confused with the confirmation message we received. Phone calls and Infopass appt have provided no additional info on status :(

My assumption is that we now have to follow the std. processing timeline/dates

=====

gch1badvice said:
Thank you everyone for helping us through our GC processing.

We got notification that our GC application has been completed and approved and that we would get a GC in 2 wks.

We did go for the EAD appointment and got the permit. Got the approval notification a day later.

DORA Interview : 06/05/06
Receipts: 6/16/06
FP : 06/25/06
LUD change: 07/03/06
70 day notice : 08/15/06 (dated 08/11/06)
EAD Appt/Rec'd : 08/31/06
GC approval notice : 09/01/06

More than one year since filed through DORA

Hi,

I have filed my my case 10/14/05 and got receipt on 10/30/05 and finger printing done on 11/30/05. I never got 90 or 70 days letter and when I called USCIS in April time frame they told me standard answer of "if you dont get any reply from us in 6 month contact us".

Recently, I went to USCIS and come to know that my case is stuck in Name check. Question I have is

- Should I have gotten I-130 approval notice? Or only I-485 approval is needed.

- Can I file EAD now? Since they told me that I have to apply through Chicago since from sept 1, rules has changed in Dallas.

- Does hiring lawyer will help?

- Does contacting congressman help?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chand311,

I need some help. Could you please tell me all the documents I will need to conduct the DORA interview. I am on the verge of completing it and would like to make sure that I have all documents together.

How far back do the tax forms need to be?
How many passport size pictures do you need?
How much money should it cost totally if you do it by yourself?
What are the individual forms that you need?

Please let me know....Thanks

Help with DORA filing

Hi,
I am trying to file my DORA soon and have a couple of questions:

1. My case is a pretty straight forward case, no criminal background or traffic tickets etc....should I still get an attorney? Is it possible to file for DORA without an attorney?

2. Can some one post a documents checklist and items checklist needed for the process?

3. My sponsoring USC wife is a student with no income, can I use my income instead? Where do I indicate that?

Thanks for all the help!!

Experience with DORA for out of status parents

I will be out of status for over a year until my US Citizen daughter can apply for my GC under Dallas DORA. Has anyone had any experience with a similar case?

Do they make a big fuss about being out of status?

Is being caught and deported before I can apply for the GC the only thing I need to worry about?

L1A based I-140/485 rejected.
7 Year L1A expires => 2/08
Eligible to apply for Family based GC through USC daughter(turns 21) => 3/09

javaguy1978 said:
Hi,
I am trying to file my DORA soon and have a couple of questions:

1. My case is a pretty straight forward case, no criminal background or traffic tickets etc....should I still get an attorney? Is it possible to file for DORA without an attorney?

2. Can some one post a documents checklist and items checklist needed for the process?

3. My sponsoring USC wife is a student with no income, can I use my income instead? Where do I indicate that?

Thanks for all the help!!

Hi,

1. Yes, you can apply without attorney, you might have to spend couple of days reading the directions, once you know them, applications are pretty straight forward to fill.

2. DORA website has document list and directions, there were several posts in this thread and at DORA thread on Visajourney.com answering questions about this.

3. yes, there is a option to use your income. I applied the same way. If you download the forms from DORA, there are instructions in the form on how to use your income. It's pretty straight forward.

Again, If you just spend few days going through forms and reading the instructions, the forms are easy to fill. No need for an attorney.

Engineer25 said:
Hello Everyone.

I have been reading through this forum well before I started my DORA process. I should thank everyone for the all the info posted. It definitely helped me get an understanding of the whole process. I’m an Indian Citizen.

Here is my timeline, hope it helps ...

Thursday August 25th, 2005: Filed I-485/I-130 and Interview on the same day. (Went well)
Wednesday August 31st, 2005: Receipt Date
Saturday September 03rd, 2005: Received I-797 NOA in mail.
Tuesday September 06th, 2005: Fingerprinted @ Dallas ASC, TX (Walk-in)
Wednesday September 07th, 2005: Called FBI, A lady stated that the fingerprints were received and processed and sent back to INS the same day (Sept 6th).
Friday October 21st, 2005: Online Status updated

This case has been approved. On October 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Got welcome letters in the mail … Became a LPR as of October 21st 2005.

Looking at the timeline, it seems like my case was approved in 56 days. It’s a Miracle.

Please feel free to address any questions you guys may have... you guys are great!

Thank You. :)

Hi Engineer25

Did you just do a direct walk in finger printing?Is that the same as biometrics I guess?

for the walkin did you have to take an appointment on info pass?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Processing date not found in National Service Center

Dear..

We applied in January for myself.. through my husbands Citizenship... I finished the biometrics.. I also applied and received my EAD, and am waiting on the card.

The application status says my service center is MSC which is the national service center. On their web page there is no processing times for I485s.. what gives ? When I called the customer service they said they dont know if they are procesing 485s.. Now I am completely confused. What happened to my application ? How can I find the real status to know why it is taking more than 3 months after my biometrics to get me my GC..

Thank you very much
Arti.