Green card holder visits Canada : is it enough to be stamped ?

fine&jadwin

Registered Users (C)
My question is can I visit Canada without a visa if my green card approved, passport stamped but the actual card has not arrived?

no you need to get an enema too....

next time try searching the prevous posts for such obvious answers

Not a problem at all, I visited Canada this month with just the passport stamped, crossed the border twice, no problem at all. They just ask you stuff like ;How long will you be here', ' Whats the purpose of visit' and thats it .. Its really cool.

No need for card.

You are fine with passport stamp. I visited Canada recently through Washington border and no questions asked.

i do not think mexico waives visa requirements for green card holders - my cousin (perm resident with plastic card) had to get Mexico Visa to travel to cancoon.

notxer said:
no you need to get an enema too....

next time try searching the prevous posts for such obvious answers

Dear notxer,

Just about every single question asked on these boards (with limited exceptions) has been asked umpteen times before, sometimes several times each day. The volunteers who spend their time responding to these questions over and over again do so with patience and compassion, and are acutely sensitive to the anxiety the asker is experiencing, often because all of us have been in the dark on these issues before, and know what its like.

These are large and confusing boards, and not everyone may be as computer-savvy as you in searching for their answers. This does not make them less welcome here, or their problems less important.

IMHO, it is the spirit of the moderators and volunteers here, of propping up our tired, confused and sometimes scared brethren that makes these boards so vital to the immigrant community.

Please do not take my words to be a form of rebuke, but rather as a friendly reminder. Not as someone calling you an obnoxious creep, but rather as someone telling you to 'come on, pal, cut the guy some slack.' After all, you too are a welcome member of these boards.

Peace.

Thank you, freeviews,

And thanks to all who answered.

Actually I did search the forum before posing the question. However I was in France at that time and I had very limited (and quite often interrupted) internet access, so I was not able to reach the Canadian immigration sites at that time. The issue with the entry to Canada does not seem to be obvious to me: I know the friends who had problems convincing a European airline officials in Paris (Air France ?) that they were allowed to enter Canada
without a visa. My friends were told by those officials that they would be allowed to enter Canada if only they first go to the US (in other words a green card holder does not need a visa if he/she goes directly from the US to Canada but, in the eyes of those airline officials coming from France to Canada was another mattrer). My gut feeling is that the airline officials were wrong but I have yet to find a definite answer...

As for the blatant vulgarity coming from the notxer- I am not suprised. This is not the first time, unfortunately...
The guy is waiting since 2002, but unlike many other 2002 people he chooses to vent his axiety in a pathetic manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
fine&jadwin,

Hard luck with the airline officials, but it might help if you take a print out of the relavent page from the Canadian consulate, and carry the number of the visa section of the consulate when you check in for the flight. I have noticed that at CDG airport, the officials are notoriously obtuse and extremely unhelpful. But going loaded with information, you might intimidate them, or atleast provide them with other sources of information they can check up on.

Good luck!

Looks like the Indian nationals with PR, need not have tourist visa for Mexico.

http://www.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/

REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTAIN NATIONALITIES TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA TO ENTER MEXICO

As of September 14, 2001, the citizens of the following countries willing to travel to Mexico for any reason, with a temporary visa in the United States, (with no green card) will require previous approval from the Mexican Immigration Authority (Instituto Nacional de Migración), in order to be able to enter Mexico. These countries are:

INDIA

I am not sure that this is the case.

What I get from the quote is that the guys with the temporary visas will have to be approved by a special authority in Mexico, and not by the Consulate (and that this approval will take more time).

May be I am wrong who knows...

z/OS V1.4 said:
Looks like the Indian nationals with PR, need not have tourist visa for Mexico.

http://www.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/

REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTAIN NATIONALITIES TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA TO ENTER MEXICO

As of September 14, 2001, the citizens of the following countries willing to travel to Mexico for any reason, with a temporary visa in the United States, (with no green card) will require previous approval from the Mexican Immigration Authority (Instituto Nacional de Migración), in order to be able to enter Mexico. These countries are:

INDIA

On the other hand...

140_takes_4ever said:
Mexico requires citizens of certain countries to get visa's despite PR.

http://www.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/ for more info.

On the other hand, I came across this on the web site of the Mexican Consulate in LA:

http://portal.sre.gob.mx/losangeles/images/stories/residentes.jpg

(Nationals of any country who are PRs of USA or Canada do not need a visa if traveling to MX as tourists from US or CA.)

Starting at http://www.sre.gob.mx/losangeles/ then select "servicios consulares" then visas, then the large button 2nd from the bottom for US/CA PRs.

This page of the consular section of the MX embassy in Washington DC seems to agree:

http://portal.sre.gob.mx/was_eng/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=55&op=page&SubMenu=

This *may* be dated information, or an example of the confusing and contradictory nformation typical of government agencies of most countries. Please do not rely on it!

Oy Ve! (ga)

Last edited by a moderator:
notxer, probably need enema himself.

I hate such such insensitive smart-a$$e$ like notxer. Why did he even look into this forum if he didn't have any constructive message to offer.