Green card holder ( based on family reunion) married US citizen

Ola4pets

Hi,
I need an advice in a very complicated situation! I did a green card for my mother-in-law and I am her sponsor since my husband had no income. My mother in law came to USA in March 2018, received her green card a month later. Now my husbands mother did marry US Citizen and moved out to a different State. Am I still her sponsor and am I still responsible for her Since she married a US cutizen a month ago and she doesn’t live with me/nor with my husband ( her son) anymore? ?? She started fighting with me badly andI am horrified that I made such big mistake by helping her out moving out ofher country. However I want to know if she changed her status based on marriage to US citizen. Am I still responsible for her??? Also will she be able to apply for US Citizenship in 3,5 years based on marriage to US citizen? Please help with any information!!!! Thank you

Hi, I need an advice in a very complicated situation! I did a green card for my mother-in-law and I am her sponsor since my husband had no income. My mother in law came to USA in March 2018, received her green card a month later. Now my husbands mother did marry US Citizen and moved out to a different State. Am I still her sponsor and am I still responsible for her Since she married a US cutizen a month ago and she doesn’t live with me/nor with my husband ( her son) anymore? ?? She started fighting with me badly andI am horrified that I made such big mistake by helping her out moving out ofher country. However I want to know if she changed her status based on marriage to US citizen. Am I still responsible for her??? Also will she be able to apply for US Citizenship in 3,5 years based on marriage to US citizen? Please help with any information!!!! Thank you

You’re the one who signed the i864, not her husband, so yes you’re still responsible as sponsor. She can apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage to a citizen (not 3 years after getting her green card, if that pre-dated the marriage). At the point she becomes a citizen your sponsorship obligation ends (or until she works 40 quarters or permanently leaves the US, but citizenship seems likely to happen much sooner).