green card holder and out of status person

vashti

Dear Mr. Khanna,

How are you?
I am a green card holder and my boyfriend is a F-1 student. His visa expired about 18 months ago and now he is out of status. He is currently fininshing up his studies which means that he will have to go back to his country after he finishes.

We want to get married so that I can file his papers. Would that pose a problem for either of us. I am really depending on your answer. Please reply A.S.A.P.

Thank you in anticipation,

Vashti.

p.s. I was made to understand that the law has been extended until MARCH 2002. Is that true

Dear Mr. Khanna,

How are you?
I am a green card holder and my boyfriend is a F-1 student. His visa expired about 18 months ago and now he is out of status. He is currently fininshing up his studies which means that he will have to go back to his country after he finishes.

We want to get married so that I can file his papers. Would that pose a problem for either of us. I am really depending on your answer. Please reply A.S.A.P.

Thank you in anticipation,

Vashti.

p.s. I was made to understand that the law has been extended until MARCH 2002. Is that true

No use?

You need to have a long wait for reuniting w. your spouse if you\'re a GC holder.
There\'s a new V visa, but I don\'t think you can file anything much until the date is current for filing.