Green card for wife and daughter, please help

betterdays

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
Hello guys, in a few days I will be applying for citizenship. I have petitioned for my wife and daughter as a permanent resident four years ago and the petitions got approved last year and forwarded to the NVC for processing. Once I become citizen, I will be contacting NVC and USCIS to upgrade my petitions from permanent resident to citizen. I am sure that I will be receiving a letter to confirm the upgrade.
My question now is to Know, once I become citizen and upgrade the I-130s, can I file I-485 for my daughter and wife. By the way my wife did not maintain her F1 status and my daughter is on F2. Please help. I want to know my option so I know what to deal with in a few months. thanks for your help....

If they are both in the US, NVC is not a player. File I-485 for them once you take your oath.

My question now is to Know, once I become citizen and upgrade the I-130s, can I file I-485 for my daughter and wife. By the way my wife did not maintain her F1 status and my daughter is on F2.

Since you daughter's status was dependent on your wife's, she is out of status as well. Your wife going out of status should have been reported by the university. You need to be sure that there are no actions pending on the basis of this report. There has been more aggressive enforcement against students failing to maintain their required enrollment status recently.

There is likely no problem but better to make sure.

God is good, i am sure they won't be any issues on that. But like you said it is good to check. How do i check without hurting my wife and daughter?