Green card for RN seems to not easy.

Sungwoo Jung

My wife is RN, working for a Big Hospital in Georgia. She applied to green card April 1997 and still waiting for this. Because of Visa Screen, All Foreign nurse has to take TOEFL, TWE, and TSE. Especailly TSE is very high requirement. She didn\'t pass the TSE yet.

Currently Congress is on the way of widening the gate to RN because of shortage of nurse here. I hope something change in the future.

Is there RN who studied in Non-English Speaking countries and trying to pass VISA SCREEN ?

No Title

My wife is RN, working for a Big Hospital in Georgia. She applied to green card April 1997 and still waiting for this. Because of Visa Screen, All Foreign nurse has to take TOEFL, TWE, and TSE. Especailly TSE is very high requirement. She didn\'t pass the TSE yet.

Currently Congress is on the way of widening the gate to RN because of shortage of nurse here. I hope something change in the future.

Is there RN who studied in Non-English Speaking countries and trying to pass VISA SCREEN ?

Question about TSE

When did she apply for TSE and How many times has she appeared. I am also in the same Boat.

I just got it.

Hi, I am a RN in New Jersey. I take TSE two times and passed it. The employer sponsored me green card from 12/99. I just got the I-485 approval and the pastport stamped yesterday.

The whole process was smooth except for waiting for the PD to be current (about 9 months). Take it easy and work hard on your TSE. You will get Green Card with no difficulty.

Good luck.

my wife got EAD without TSE, waiting for final approval

Congratulations!!.
1) Did INS ask you for the TSE exam result?.
2) did you pass TSE before applying I-485 or after?
3) Was there a green card interview for you with INS officials?.
pls let me know.

Thank You.

Thank you

TSE only for ICHP VisaScreen certificate from CGFNS. You can take it after filing I-485,but before its approval. Without that certificate, you will receive RFE which will delay the process. No interview required for RN.

Hope this can do some help.

Nicolee

Could You please tell me if you referred to any books for TSE

Could You please tell me if you referred to any books for TSE, and if so which. Thanks!!!

How did you pass your exam thru CGFNS or NCLEX (Nicolee)

If NCLEX did they request you for any papers from NCLEX and how did you obtain it.

Thanks

got EAD without TSE?

Hi My_friend_4u

If I understand it right,your wife submited I485 application and got EAD without obtaining a Visa Screen certificate?

It is a very important information for me. Please comfirm it.

Thanks.

Yes my wife, RN, got EAD without TSE

filed I-485 in Dec 2001, got finger printed in March 2002, and still waiting for final approval. she attempted TSE twice, but did not pass. we don\'t know whether INS will approve her petition without TSE/VisaScreen certificate.

Hai;,
I am a RN who is currently employed in US under greencard. But I have contract with my employer and due to some problems with the employer I might be terminated from the job. As I could not resign , I have to wait till they terminate me, But my doubt is , if they terminate me will it cause too much problem to find another job. Please give a clarification.

140, 485, AP & EAD concurrent filing for RN

Hi every RN GC seeker,

I got RN license four months ago. I volunteer at a nursing home in Northern Virginia now. This nursing home promised me to sponsor me greencard and is preparing documents now. I just register for VisaScreen at CGFNS and I have to pass TOEFL, TWE and TSE. I don't know how long time to pass them but have to face the reality without choice.

I am going to file green card application when all documents are ready. I want to work while preapring for the tests. I think this will help me with the tests, especially with TSE. I will concurrently file 140, 485, EAD and AP. Per the current CIS schedule, it's possible to get EAD three months later at Vermont Service Center after 485 filed and I can work after EAD available.

The problem is how long time to submit VisaScreen certificate after 485 filed. The current processing time for 485 is at least 20 months. When is it possible that CIS send RFE for VisaScreen? VisaScreen may take 6-12 months. And the time to respond RFE is 12 weeks (less than 3 months). Will CIS extend the time for VisaScreen when RFE is due?

It looks like Nicolee had some experience with this case. Nicolee, please share your experience with us and we may benefit from it. Do you or anybody else know when CIS will send RFE for VisaScreen after 485 filed? When is the deadline that VisaScreen must be turned in? Is it possible to negotiate with CIS to get extra time for VisaScreen or turn it in before green card interview? The critical issue is the deadline to submit VisaScreen certificate. The later the better. Thanks.

Moona

Juke,

You gotta be very careful if you got greencard sponsorship from the employer. However you may change employer after your 485 pending for more than 6 months at CIS. I don't think the contract will impact your greencard app after 485 pending more than 6 months. You may consult an immigration lawyer for help.

If you already got greencard, you can go anytime. The contract is nothing to you. Good luck!

Moona

What is the requirement?

Hi!
I am in the process of completing my VISASCREEN requirements. My TOEFL score expired in 2004, so I took TOEIC last Dec. 10,2005. I got a letter from ICHP that I need to pass a general English exam from one of the federally-approved testing agencies. I called ICHP to inform them that I did took the TOEIC exam and is on the way to send my score to them. The person I talked to from ICHP told me that "TOEIC IS NOT ENOUGH" to qualify for the NURSE VISASCREEN CERTIFICATION.
I took TOEIC because it was easy to register, it's easier than TOEFL w/o the essay, and it is listed as one of the accepted exams under item 17 of the VISASCREEN HANDBOOK. The personnel from ICHP told me also that I need to pass the TOEFL AND TWE.

QUESTION: Should I just write the TWE to add with the TOEIC, OR do I need to still write the TOEFL and TWE?

why don't you have your wife take the IELTS? i heard that it is eaqsier to pass than TSE.

I don't think that congress will let it easy for nurses to come in the usa, as you can see, they added visascreen as one of the requirements. we don't know what they will add in the near future.

Sungwoo Jung said:

cool_change! Where did you file your petition? In what status did you come to the US? What was RFE about?

Did you come on H-1B as a nurse? How long you had been on H-1b before they filed an immigration petition for you? Did you change the employer since you entered the country on H-1B?

Thank you for your answers!
JC