Green Card for my Sister

gmlions

Registered Users (C)
Please can someone advice me on this. I am a US Citizen and my sister and her husband are currently working in the US on a H1B visa. I know they say there is a long wait for sisters and brothers. My question is since they are in the US ....will the make the AOS easier and faster, or is it still the same ?

Any advice or information will be appreciated.

No difference. They'll still have the same 10 year wait (more if they're from Mexico or the Philippines) after you file the petition, in order to become eligible to file AOS. Which means they'll almost surely have to leave the US before then anyway, so you should select consular processing when you file the petition.

Hi! I'm sorry it's not an answer but I have somewhat related question. My husband is USC now. I know that he can apply for his parents as immediate relatives. He also has a brother who is 13. Q:Does he(brother) have to wait for a visa to be available or he can be sponsored with parents? Q2: his parents don't want to immigrate at all. what is his brother options? the reason we want him so bad here because he is a gooooood swimmer going to european competitions but in his country he has no future as there is no money for sport but here he can get some recognition and go to good school with good conditions for development. Thank You

For AOS they will need to maintain lawful NI status for the entire wait, which will be 12 to 14 years. Practically speaking, they would either need to leave the US or they will get employment based GCs before your sponsored I-130 becomes current.

My question is since they are in the US ....will the make the AOS easier and faster, or is it still the same ?

Hi! I'm sorry it's not an answer but I have somewhat related question. My husband is USC now. I know that he can apply for his parents as immediate relatives. He also has a brother who is 13. Q:Does he(brother) have to wait for a visa to be available or he can be sponsored with parents? Q2: his parents don't want to immigrate at all. what is his brother options? the reason we want him so bad here because he is a gooooood swimmer going to european competitions but in his country he has no future as there is no money for sport but here he can get some recognition and go to good school with good conditions for development. Thank You
That is a different situation. Please start your own thread.

Brother has no options other than a student visa; you might find a private school with lots of scholarship money to sponsor him based on his athletic potential. You are being very selfish; why should participation in sports be a good reason for him not living with his with his parents. Few good athletes can make a career out of their sport. The time away from his parents can never be reclaimed.