green card for my husband

faten

Registered Users (C)
I filed 1-30 for my husband. I checked my case on-line and it show RFE (Request for Evidence) what does it mean??
When i filed the application 1-30, I sent them our marriage certificate and birth certificates of my two kids. What other evidence they might ask?

any help any comment will be very appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed 1-30 for my husband. I checked my case on-line and it show ROF (Request for Evidence) what does it mean??
When i filed the application 1-30, I sent them our marriage certificate and birth certificates of my two kids. What other evidence they might ask?

any help any comment will be very appreciated

It is normal to get a RFE when the IO see's that there is a required document that is missing. Dont worry, when you get a letter it will have the information,
Did you file just I 130 ? You are a GC holder Not a US Citizen Yet. Did you send you GC copy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply.
I sent a copy of my green card.

It is normal to get a RFE when the IO see's that there is a required document that is missing. Dont worry, when you get a letter it will have the information,
Did you file just I 130 ? You are a GC holder Not a US Citizen Yet. Did you send you GC copy?

I filed 1-30 for my husband. I checked my case on-line and it show ROF (Request for Evidence) what does it mean??
If the marriage certificate is not in English, did you send a certified English translation along with the non-English certificate?

Were either of you married before? If yes, the divorce decree(s) would be required.

Thank you for your reply

I Sent the marriage certificate in my language and translated into English. We were not married before.

If the marriage certificate is not in English, did you send a certified English translation along with the non-English certificate?

Were either of you married before? If yes, the divorce decree(s) would be required.

I didn't send photos of my wedding, is this an important point I missed?There is no such point mentioned in the instructions of this application.

Also I don't know why I feel they will ask us to do the (DNA) test. Do you think this is the time to ask for it if they need it.

I didn't send photos of my wedding, is this an important point I missed?There is no such point mentioned in the instructions of this application.

Also I don't know why I feel they will ask us to do the (DNA) test. Do you think this is the time to ask for it if they need it.

Wedding pictures are not mandatory. Also I don't know any cases that were required DNA test.

My wife was a permanent resident when I applied for I-130. I don't remember exactly but I really sent only basic papers and was approved within 90 days. I sent out marriage certificate, birth certificates, application, and documents that were supporting my legal status in the us (I-20's from my school) pictures and that was pretty much it. If you are permanent resident your husband must be legal in the US i think. Like I said I can't remember exactly it was 2 years ago.

Wedding pictures are not mandatory. Also I don't know any cases that were required DNA test.

My wife was a permanent resident when I applied for I-130. I don't remember exactly but I really sent only basic papers and was approved within 90 days. I sent out marriage certificate, birth certificates, application, and documents that were supporting my legal status in the us (I-20's from my school) pictures and that was pretty much it. If you are permanent resident your husband must be legal in the US i think. Like I said I can't remember exactly it was 2 years ago.

wow this sounds great. so you don't think my application would be complicated?
Thank you for sharing your experience.'

Hi all I just got the mail from the USCIS, they asked me to submit the an appropriate marriage certificate for me. USCIS said "In order for the marriage to be considered valid for immigration purposes, IT MUST HAVE BEEN registered with a civil authority from the location where the marriage took place."

Did you guys have religious ceremony? In this case you would have to have civil ceremony as well I think. In some countries (like mine) religious marriage isn't considered valid unless you do it with civil authority.

Did you guys have religious ceremony? In this case you would have to have civil ceremony as well I think. In some countries (like mine) religious marriage isn't considered valid unless you do it with civil authority.
This is what happened to me i had a religious certificate. I think i have such paper but i did not know it was important. i will translate it and send it to them.
They give time until May 5.It sounds good.

Hi guys, I want to share with you my new news .I am very happy this Saturday, I just got an approval notice from USCIS. They said " we have sent the original visa petition to Department of State National Visa Center 32 Rochetser Avenue Portsmouth,NH.NVC processes all approved immigrint visa petitions that need consular action."

OK, What should I do now? What they are going to do? I am very excited.
Also, I am planning to travel at the end of May and will spend 5 months over there with my husband. Is there any problem?

Any post or comment will be appreciaited.

You're in good shape. Going over there to stay for 5 months also shows a close relationship. Don't stay for more than six months though. :D
Hi guys, I want to share with you my new news .I am very happy this Saturday, I just got an approval notice from USCIS. They said " we have sent the original visa petition to Department of State National Visa Center 32 Rochetser Avenue Portsmouth,NH.NVC processes all approved immigrint visa petitions that need consular action."

OK, What should I do now? What they are going to do? I am very excited.
Also, I am planning to travel at the end of May and will spend 5 months over there with my husband. Is there any problem?

Any post or comment will be appreciaited.