Green Card delay "Security Background Check"

rabih7

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my I485 Application on May of 2005 and I received my work permit at the end of June of 2005. My interview was in September of the same year. The officer said that everything was approved and I should just wait for the clearnce for my security background check and he also said that it was going to take about a week or two. It's been almost 2 years now and I haven't received anything from them, and everytime I call them they send me a letter in the mail asking to call them after 6 months. Any Help would be reaaaally appreciated.

Same here

Hi,
I have the same Issue. I have been stuck in the Security check since last 2.5years and there is no way to enquire how much longer it will take.
We are just told to keep waiting and be patient.

If you come to know of any way do let me know too.

Thanks

Same for you

Please if you know anything or if your case gets resolved let me know. I Think that im gonna go see a different lawyer after september, I'll update you if anything happens until then.

Guys any help would be really appreciated, If any of you have experienced the same issues and got them resolved, please share with us. Thank you

I have a pretty similar timeline, applied in August 2004 and get exactly the same letter you do each time I call. A lawyer I spoke with last year suggested I wait a little longer yet. He said that with less than three years waiting I would still be borderline as far as legally forcing CIS to do something. I will probably do something more next year, the new fees for AP and I765 are going to motivate me into action.

Long Waiting

Same here i have been waiting almost 4 years now.

PD : Aug 2003
I-140/I-485 RD: Dec 2003
FP1 Jan 2005
FP2 May 2007

Fingerprint expired

I received a letter in the mail saying that my finger print expired right after i sent for the renewal of my work authorization. I went and did the finger printing again. opefully they took a look at my file.

Finally

I received an email on the 7th, saying that my GreenCard should arrive in 60 days, i just have to wait for any mail to come in and see if there is any missing or required documents. Wow it only took about 20 calls to the USCIS customer service over 2 years after the interview time, i did my interview in september of 2005. Good Luck to all of you.

Card Production

I received an email yesterday it said "On September 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."
This was just an update for you guys. Hopefully the same thing will happen to you soon.

Was your case at the local office where you were interviewed all this time or was it transfered to a service center.
Thanks for your update
I received an email yesterday it said "On September 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."
This was just an update for you guys. Hopefully the same thing will happen to you soon.

No it was transffered somewhere else, but last year when i went to renew my work authorization card it took so long, then i recieved a letter saying that they transffered my file back to detroit for faster processing.

I received a letter by mail yesterday saying that my card is in under production and i should receive it in the next 3 weeks. i'll let you guys know when i receive it.

ask your lawyer about mandamus and 120 day rule. there are some federal cases that judge has made a favorable ruling in regards to these types of cases.

well, white house is going after this problem soon. here is the official announcement from white house

"The Administration Will Reform And Expedite Background Checks For Immigration. Current mechanisms for conducting immigration background checks are backed up, slowing processing times and endangering national security. The Administration is investing substantial new funds to address the backlog, and the FBI and USCIS are working together on a variety of projects designed to streamline existing processes so as to reduce waiting times without sacrificing security."
you can see it for yourself at http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/immigration/

What a surprise. This is recent. I am anxious to see an anouncement from USCSI, however, before hoping for any progress.

What a surprise. This is recent. I am anxious to see an anouncement from USCSI, however, before hoping for any progress.
i dont think the USCIS is going to make any announcement without FBI. so if you want to look at the press releases, check them both. i will make a posting as soon as i see it. my guess is sometimes in spring. they have to wait for the comment period to end. after that administrative issues should be in matter of weeks.