green card correction

talbot

Registered Users (C)
If you file I90 to get your green card corrected, do they take away the incorrect green card or do they let you keep it till you get the corrected one ?
Thanks

talbot said:
If you file I90 to get your green card corrected, do they take away the incorrect green card or do they let you keep it till you get the corrected one ?
Thanks
1 they will take away the incorrect green Card when you file I-190 with local USCIS for correction ( it is better to do through Local office becase I read 2-3 recent postes that once you go to Local USCIS office then they correct the Info in USCIS computer and take your Signature and Fingerprint on white card, you provide 2 passport style photographs and they send the white form with correction to Service center and then it goes to Card production unit

( I dont know if it is true that I-90 filed through local office will get you new card early )
2.if you efile the I-190 then you have to send the incorrect GC to service center or they will ask for it and you also need to visit local ASC for photograph and finger prints.

It is better to take infopass and go to Local USCIS and point out the mistake on Green Card ( a good officer can show you the correct info that will appear on your new Card )
** if it is USCIS mistake on the Card then no need to pay the fees$185, read the instruction with form I-90

How long it is going to take to get your new card after filing I-90

ginnu said:
1 they will take away the incorrect green Card when you file I-190 with local USCIS for correction ( it is better to do through Local office becase I read 2-3 recent postes that once you go to Local USCIS office then they correct the Info in USCIS computer and take your Signature and Fingerprint on white card, you provide 2 passport style photographs and they send the white form with correction to Service center and then it goes to Card production unit

( I dont know if it is true that I-90 filed through local office will get you new card early )
2.if you efile the I-190 then you have to send the incorrect GC to service center or they will ask for it and you also need to visit local ASC for photograph and finger prints.

It is better to take infopass and go to Local USCIS and point out the mistake on Green Card ( a good officer can show you the correct info that will appear on your new Card )
** if it is USCIS mistake on the Card then no need to pay the fees$185, read the instruction with form I-90

isbw said:
--- I dont know others may help you. If you check the service center times then you cant make a good guess becase the dates are for Replacement or new cards after 10 year expiry and also mix of family based cases. I have read one post in this thread that one got corrected card in 10-15 days, other poster who filed in september 2004 (he had lost the card) he just got online message that he is approved, i dont know if he recieved the Card in hand. you can search or read all threads related to I-90

On Line Status says RFE sent!!!

Can anyone take a guess on what the RFE can be for?

My wife applied for I90 to correct the mispelled name in her greencard. Fee was waived because it was INS error.

Thank you.

acc918 said:
Can anyone take a guess on what the RFE can be for?

My wife applied for I90 to correct the mispelled name in her greencard. Fee was waived because it was INS error.
*** did she provided 2 photographs, did she provided her Green Card?they need that, did she provided copy of her passport or driving licence, birth certificate, marrige certificate copy. They may be asking for any of the above.
I dont know if she filed I-90 at local office. Local CIS office ask the question or can see any document at the time of I-90 filing and take the Grreen Card . If your wife Efiled then she has to send what they have asked and her Green Card with mispelled name

Please update what kind of RFE you recieved, it will help others.
Thank you.

RFE on I90

Ok Ginnu. I will let you know as soon as I get it. BTW, we went to Newark local office to file the I-90. The officer took the old gc already and 2 pictures. Did not give BC and Marriage as we did not bring it.

Thanks.

RFE on I-90

acc918 said:
Ok Ginnu. I will let you know as soon as I get it. BTW, we went to Newark local office to file the I-90. The officer took the old gc already and 2 pictures. Did not give BC and Marriage as we did not bring it.

Thanks.

Ginnu:

Have not rcvd the RFE. I'm quite nervous. Do you know of any instance where the I-90 was denied? We went to the local office to file the I-90 and the officer supposedly checked the application so I'm wondering why the will issue an RFE although I did not submit Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate.

Thank you.

acc918 said:
Ginnu:

Have not rcvd the RFE. I'm quite nervous. Do you know of any instance where the I-90 was denied? We went to the local office to file the I-90 and the officer supposedly checked the application so I'm wondering why the will issue an RFE although I did not submit Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate.

Thank you.
---Relax!! it may be for new Photograph or any document. I know about a person that he was asked again to visit local office because local office did not provide good Index Fingerprint on white card. I have not read I-90 denied till date. if you did not submit copy of Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate it may be for that but it was the duty of local CIS officer to ask if they wanted.
**did your I-485 filing reciept has correct name? did you wrote correct name on form G325 that was submited with I-485 pakage?

ginnu said:
---Relax!! it may be for new Photograph or any document. I know about a person that he was asked again to visit local office because local office did not provide good Index Fingerprint on white card. I have not read I-90 denied till date. if you did not submit copy of Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate it may be for that but it was the duty of local CIS officer to ask if they wanted.
**did your I-485 filing reciept has correct name? did you wrote correct name on form G325 that was submited with I-485 pakage?

Ginnu:

Thanks. Yes. the I485 application and G325 bears the correct name spelling and I showed this to IIO. The previous EAD card issued is even correct.

Son turned 14 yrs old- need to file I-90?

Ginnu:

I read somewhere that you need to file green card replacement if your child turns 14 yrs old. My son was 13 when our greencards were approved in Nov 2004. We got the cards in Jan 2005 and my son turned 14 the same month.

I'm thinking that the reason why they want you to apply for gc replacement is that so the child can have the fingerprint taken. am i right?

If this is the case, when we were interviewed in Nov 04 and subsequently approved the same day, they took the fingerprint for my son and it shows on his gc. They did not take fingerprint for my daughter who is 11 yrs old.

Any advise is appreciated.

I'm paranoid about applying for a replacement because it takes so long to get and INS might again make a mistake.

Hi acc918,

Did you get your rfe? I am planning to go for name correction next week? Please post after you receive it.

Thanks..

kovaiGC said:
Hi acc918,

Did you get your rfe? I am planning to go for name correction next week? Please post after you receive it.

Thanks..

Hello Everybody. I just got the RFE. They want me to send the birth certificate.

Thanks.

Name correction

I have my name mis-spelt. I received the GC today. I will be out of the country for about a month, I am going to get an INFOPASS appointment and see whats to be done. Will keep you updated.

snay said:
I have my name mis-spelt. I received the GC today. I will be out of the country for about a month, I am going to get an INFOPASS appointment and see whats to be done. Will keep you updated.
--------------- do you means your name on passport and Card dont match,if dont match file form I-90 ,take 2 photographs, passport and any past EAD copy, I-485 filing reciept, birth certificate, marriage certificate DL, get your passport stamp. stamp is valid for travel but when you enter US you may have to go for secondary inspection.
** i dont know if with incorrect name on card the airline will create any problems ask this to local office officer, he may not give you good answer.

ginnu said:
--------------- do you means your name on passport and Card dont match,if dont match file form I-90 ,take 2 photographs, passport and any past EAD copy, I-485 filing reciept, birth certificate, marriage certificate DL, get your passport stamp. stamp is valid for travel but when you enter US you may have to go for secondary inspection.
** i dont know if with incorrect name on card the airline will create any problems ask this to local office officer, he may not give you good answer.

Yes the name on the passport and the GC does not match. The error is in only one letter. I have my passport stamped and valid till next Feb. I am planning to use only the stamp on the passport and if needed will use the GC.

I will not be checking the website until i return. I will update once I visit the local uscis office early next month.
-Snay

snay said:
Yes the name on the passport and the GC does not match. The error is in only one letter. I have my passport stamped and valid till next Feb. I am planning to use only the stamp on the passport and if needed will use the GC.

I will not be checking the website until i return. I will update once I visit the local uscis office early next month.
-Snay

I am back from my vacation and a visit to the USCIS office. I re-entered the country using only on the stamp. No problems there. At the USCIS the process is simple, 2 photos and I90 form. Got stamped again since it might take a lot longer than the first time. Now stamp validity till Jun 06. Hopefully I get the corrected card by then.
-Snay

snay said:
I am back from my vacation and a visit to the USCIS office. I re-entered the country using only on the stamp. No problems there.
---------- somebody 3-4 months back posed that immigration department(or airline from India) at Indian airport before departure to US were creating problem with I551 stamp, did you face any problem? If came from India from where did you took the flight to US. did you also show I-485 approval or they just checked the stamp?
At the USCIS the process is simple, 2 photos and I-90 form.
----------- when did you visit the local USCIS to file form I-90? becase now the I-90 has to be filed with LA lockbox address after May 31
Got stamped again since it might take a lot longer than the first time.
----Did you ask for the new stamp or stamp was going to expire in 1-2 months?
Now stamp validity till Jun 06. Hopefully I get the corrected card by then.
-------- if your service center is VSC you may get new Card in 1 month time, a person filed I-90 with local USCIS NJ and got reciept from VSC in 10 days and then he got his Card on 25 th day after filing the I-90 with local office
-Snay

replacement card

Well received incorrest country of birth on first GC due to admin error INS fault. Efiled I90 online as soon as it came May 19th, scheduled biometrics next day in Cleveland (very nice service). Submitted I-485 app, passport and birth cert(copies) and original card to INS next day. Just received notice app approved June 6th card ordered. Crossing my fingures need to Hong kong on Tuesday. All done at TSC.

---------- somebody 3-4 months back posed that immigration department(or airline from India) at Indian airport before departure to US were creating problem with I551 stamp, did you face any problem? If came from India from where did you took the flight to US. did you also show I-485 approval or they just checked the stamp?
At the immigration in Mumbai, that guy asked me for all possible forms of ID, The passport I had was a new one issued in Chicago. He was looking very closely. He also asked his neighbour about the passport and the other guy said its alright. Then he let me go. I showed him my drivers license from here and my old passport. I did NOT show him my greencard since it had incorrect name.

----------- when did you visit the local USCIS to file form I-90? becase now the I-90 has to be filed with LA lockbox address after May 31
I dont feel very comfortable mailing it. So I went personally. Also I went on May 27 maybe thats why it was okay.

----Did you ask for the new stamp or stamp was going to expire in 1-2 months?
She suggested to give me more time because the one I had earlier would expire in Feb 06, and she didnt want me to come there in the middle of winter. *very thoughtful of her*

-------- if your service center is VSC you may get new Card in 1 month time, a person filed I-90 with local USCIS NJ and got reciept from VSC in 10 days and then he got his Card on 25 th day after filing the I-90 with local office
Lets hope I get it that soon too. Will keep you posted. My service center is NSC.