Green Card : Consular Processing

vskd

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible that although you applied your case for Mumbai ,you might get interview for Delhi .?

Not possible, the consulate you get you interview from depends on the state your passport was issued.

-Ravi

Originally posted by vskd
Is it possible that although you applied your case for Mumbai ,you might get interview for Delhi .?

Re: CP

But we got a NWD Case No although we applied for Mumbai Consulate

Its a mistake by the NVC. Call them and explain that your jurisdiction is Mumbai and they will issue you a new BMB case number.

CP

Thanks !!

I called up NVC and told them to change the Consulate to Mumbai . NVC has asked me to check back after 10 days . Also My lawyers just mailed my p3 to NVC couple of days back .Will the change of case no delay my cp process ?

Re: CP

Will the change of case no delay my cp process ?

It shouldn't.. They should be able to link the two together. In all this red-tape, the NVC folks appear to be the only ones who got their act together, mean well and have their heads screwed on right.

But just for reassurance, why dont you call and ask the NVC themselves ?

CP

Thanks Moulin

Do you know what is the time frame for getting an interview date after the packet 3 is sent to NVC .

H1 Tranfer while Green card is pending

I have applied for consular processing and I have already send my p3 to NVC . It is ok if my spouse applies for a h1 transfer during this last stage given that her DS230 has her current employer information.

Please advice .