Green Card Approved - Dependent Issue

aadnn

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My I-485 got approved yesterday.
Priority Date: May 2003
Category: EB3
Center: Texas

I got married November 2006(last year) and she is currently in H1. I couldnt add her in my Green card processing since my PD was not current.

Then with the June 1st, my PD became current, But before i could send in the application,I got my approval news. So now what is my situation. Since i got married during pending status, is there a clause that i can still apply for her as dependent or would the process restart all over for her? please advice.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I got married November 2006(last year) and she is currently in H1. I couldnt add her in my Green card processing since my PD was not current.

Then with the June 1st, my PD became current, But before i could send in the application,I got my approval news. So now what is my situation. Since i got married during pending status, is there a clause that i can still apply for her as dependent or would the process restart all over for her? please advice.

Thanks

I saw couple of posts in same situaltion but they applied early morning on 1st june. I was searching those posts but could not find. May be you can try serching again in TSC 485 forum.

I am in the same boat but here is the good news. I added my spouse FTJ after my approval. Now we just receive his fingerprint notice which hopefully means USCIS accepted this case.

The only different is that I am EB2 from non-retrogression country. We didn't submit togehter cos our own reason (now seems stupid concern...). Also, we've been married even before the application..

Good luck to you

Ftj

Hi ttliang,

Is your spouse in the United States when you filed FTJ?. I might end up in the same soup.

Thanks

You can add your dependents even after your Petition is approved.
I am doing the same perhaps this will we would file for my wife.

You are much better off as your spouse is on H1 and not H4.
All you have to have is your marriage certificate (along with other documents of course)

There are a lot of people in the same 'Soup'!

Hi All,

Thanks

I485 for spouse

Sanan,

Are you planning on filing FTJ for your spouse? Is she on H4? Did you talk to your lawyer about the possibility of using 254k and filing adjust of status based on EB category?

Thanks

Hello,
Congratulations ! Hope your wife also gets green card soon.

Are you from India or any retrogressed country?

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks

FTJ is only when your spouse/dependent is out of the country.
Yes she is on H4 (its invalid now that I got my GC)
245K not 254k is a provision that lets you apply for PR even if you have stayed here illegally/worked illegally for less than 180 days since your last date of entry
245K is automatically invoked/used, there is no extra form to be filled.

Sanan,

Are you planning on filing FTJ for your spouse? Is she on H4? Did you talk to your lawyer about the possibility of using 254k and filing adjust of status based on EB category?

Thanks

485 approved letter

I got letter from USCIS local office that my 485 application has been approved.
and told to check the address.

But in the letter it says"
You should received your Permanent resident card somewhere between six and twelve months.In the event that you move,be sure to advice USCIS of your changed of address referencing the above "A" number in your letter.

I was wondering why it will take 6 months to 12 months to get the card.

I did not get a letter about coming to local office and get GC stamp in my passport.

Please advice.

Hi ttliang,

Is your spouse in the United States when you filed FTJ?. I might end up in the same soup.

Thanks

Yes, my husband is here when we file "FTJ" for him. I asked my lawyer twice is this call "FTJ", he said yes. Anyway, I was kind of released it's not family base when I heard him saying "FTJ".

Sanan

Thanks Sanan!!

So, when you file I485 for your spouse, Does the PD should still be current OR her application is no longer dependent on PD's

Thanks

Yes, my husband is here when we file "FTJ" for him. I asked my lawyer twice is this call "FTJ", he said yes. Anyway, I was kind of released it's not family base when I heard him saying "FTJ".

My Attorney's mentioned that when they file under FTJ - my spouse needs to travel abroad and appear at the consulate. Any idea in that regard?