Green card approved - can use AP?

JS485

Registered Users (C)
Guys, first of all the good news, I got mails from USCIS that 485 for my wife is approved today.
Here is the interesting question. She has a flight to India today evening and traveling using advance parole document.

Can she now use AP as the 485 is approved. Guys please help asap as I have to leave to the airport in 5 hours.
Thanks.

No Travel

Check with your lawyer.

Technically your AP is void since you have got approved GC. She needs to postpone her travel dates and get passport stamped first.

But you have not received GC Approval Notice yet (you were not informed about the approval), hence how you can say that GC is approved?
(If you ignore the emails which you received)

485 Approval for primary

my husband was approved and didnt get his gc yet but was told to go to get the passport stamp if he needs to leave the country ( he didnt have AP before) so your wife should try to do that before she leaves.

i also have a questions, my husband is the primary, he filed for labor certificate in 2001 , 485 reciept date was dec 2003 and he got aproved last month after almost 6 years. he was called for code 3 after approval.
for some reason i didnt get approved and was called for FP code 1 last week,, i guess because my old ones expired.
we called the service center and the representative advised to file a request to review while the file was seperated because we were both supposed to be approved together.
she said it taked them up to 45 days to reply. my lawyer also sent a letter about a week after my husband was approved.

btw, about a year prior to my husband's approval, all the requests for evidence updates and lud's were posted on his eac number and mine stayed the same and wasnt updated.

anyone had a case like this before?

thanks

Congratulations JS485. I am in complete concurrence with Sudh. My advice is to postpone the travel, you don't want to screw up your GC now that it is approved. And please give details about your dates as well.
--Naveen Oshos
JS485 said:
Guys, first of all the good news, I got mails from USCIS that 485 for my wife is approved today.
Here is the interesting question. She has a flight to India today evening and traveling using advance parole document.

Can she now use AP as the 485 is approved. Guys please help asap as I have to leave to the airport in 5 hours.
Thanks.

noshs said:
Congratulations JS485. I am in complete concurrence with Sudh. My advice is to postpone the travel, you don't want to screw up your GC now that it is approved. And please give details about your dates as well.
--Naveen Oshos
Thank you guys:
I have cancelled the tickets. Details.
I used sub-labor PD 1997, rd August 2003, my gc approved March 2003.
Wife was pending for a long time. Approved today.
Thanks.

If I saw your post earlier

I would have advised you to just go head to travel.

One of my friends got his GC approval when he was traveling outside the country with AP. He didn’t get any trouble when he came back.

I am not a lawyer. Maybe my friend was just lucky.