Green Card applied have not heard anything

vickey2009

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for green card based on marriage on August 12 . I got receipts within 2 weeks . Uscis sent me a notice for additional documents for sponsor and i sent them back again which they received on October 7. I have not got a mail stating fingerprints date or had appointments for fingerprints . But the USCIS sent me approval for travel documents last week . Why is USCIS doing like this . I am a full time student and have been maintaining my status here . This is my final year in college . I had also applied for work permits and have not heard anything about it .
I am in dilemma as school is asking me to apply for OPT through them . I am wondering whats going with my application status . :mad:

And I have some job opportunities and if I apply OPT from school will that make any difference on my GC application

Okay, I am assuming you filed the following forms: I485 (AOS), I765 (EAD - work permit), I131 (AP), I130 (your spouse filed this on your behalf).

I would call USCIS about your EAD. Dont apply for OPT. OPT is an extension of your F1 status, and F1 is non-immigrant. By filing AOS, you have shown immigration intent.

I would just keep contacting USCIS about your EAD and wait. Once you get your EAD, you can work. Good luck.

I had applied for Work permit , Relative petition , Travel documents and GC . Without even having my finger prints they send me Travel documents . Are there any cases that do not need finger prints ?

I am in dilemma as school is asking me to apply for OPT through them

Once you apply for AOS your F-1 status is no longer valid (but you are in legal status while your petition is being processed). So you *cannot* apply for an OPT, so that is out of question.
Your options are: (a) call USCIS customer service center and ask for an update (usually fairly useless) or better (b) schedule an Infopass appointment immediately and try to explain your case during the appointment. This should normally work.

I had applied for Work permit , Relative petition , Travel documents and GC . Without even having my finger prints they send me Travel documents . Are there any cases that do not need finger prints ?

Yes, APs do not require FP.

Its been almost 4 months and i have not received anything for my Biometrics appointments . Thats even worst than I had previously thought .

AP is ADVANCE PAROLE and it doesnt require fingerpints. your EAD does require FP tough.
i had the same problem, i filed on august 5 and got my FP few days ago. Schedule infopass -go to the uscis webpage and click on "make an appointment". enter ur ZIP and it will tell u the nearest office location. Its free of charge, u bring all of ur docs-receipts number and passport and meet immigration officer who can answer ur question and they can even schedule u for biometrics.

Theadder

Thank you for the advice . You mentioned you went for Biometrics appointment alone ? Is that right ?