Green Card and B Visa

Marylander99

Registered Users (C)
I intend to file for my brother's green card very soon.
Can he get visit visa or business visa once I apply for his immigration if he want to visit us during that looooong 10-15 year period?

Oh....marylander99

I intend to file for my brother's green card very soon.
Can he get visit visa or business visa once I apply for his immigration if he want to visit us during that looooong 10-15 year period?

Marylander,

Is it not obvious that he will be denied any form of visa? :confused: As soon as you apply for this GC, then he is automically put in a difficult, because what will be his motive for visiting you in the US, except to be here permanently till his card is approved...:eek: This is the rationale of USCIS, not mine....

I know that time waits for now man, but you can apply for his GC, but his hopes of visiting you in the interim are dashed by filing this application..:( Unless of course USCIS view him as honest, issue him a visitor's visa to come and spend time with you, but I wouldn't bet the devil on this happening...:eek:

Thanks for the explantion

Marylander,

Is it not obvious that he will be denied any form of visa? :confused: As soon as you apply for this GC, then he is automically put in a difficult, because what will be his motive for visiting you in the US, except to be here permanently till his card is approved...:eek: This is the rationale of USCIS, not mine....

I know that time waits for now man, but you can apply for his GC, but his hopes of visiting you in the interim are dashed by filing this application..:( Unless of course USCIS view him as honest, issue him a visitor's visa to come and spend time with you, but I wouldn't bet the devil on this happening...:eek:

First of all thanks for the reply but more importantly I like your disclaimer. Well written humourous...
any way I knew that is how the interpretation was 10 years ago but I thought may be it is different now.
At that visitor could stay here until his date is current and pay $1000/- fine and adjust the status to a legal permanent resident.
However I believe according to the new law one is barred from getting a green card for 10 years or life if you over stay your visa by certain number of days. So my logic (doesn't mean much) is USCIS or State dept will give a Visit/Business visa since they most likely will leave as their green card is pending.