Green Card & Canadian Citizenship any confilict ?

birdy num num

Registered Users (C)
I Know this is confusing but sorry i need some insight from people with Experience.

-If one have Canadian PR
-and becomes eligible for the citizenship of Canada
-then apply for citizenship while eligible.
-then get approval for GC of USA.
HERE COMES THE GRAY AREA SINCE( at this time one should legally give up the PR of CANADA)
-then approved for citizen of canada (propebly while ineligible)!!
the question is anything legally wrong with sequence of event?
any infraction of the LAW?

No Title

i agree with candian, your question is not that clear...if i\'m not wrong, your question is whether or not a person can retain US GC & canadian PR.

if yes - i know, one of my co-worker is canadian citizen(orginally indian) and ve got US GC 10-months back. and he does\'nt ve any problem. But i\'m not sure about US citizenship, if you \'ve canadian citizenship.

No Title

If you somehow keep an address in canada, while in US appling for GC
after 3 years you become eligiable for CANADA citizenship.
apply for it but before getting it you get GC.
do have any chance of getting citizenshipe of canada?
any infraction of the law by keeping two resendency at the same time?

No Title

Reply to Birdy num num,
If somebody has just maintained a canadian address but has not really lived there, it would be hard to get a canadian citizenship.
In canadian citizenship, they do the following checks:
police record from RCMP,driving record,from revenue canada, from credit beurau and employment records.
So most of them will be empty and will not have any records.
Now if somebody has stayed there for sometime and then apply after 3 years, it might be a different ballgame.
Just giving an example:
My wife went for citizenship test several years ago.Before giving the test, they check the requirements(like look your passport, check the application form,ask how many times you have gone outside Canada).
My wife never worked in Canada and the only question they have asked my wife is "Where do you work? My wife replied that she is a housewife and had a baby to raise, so she had never worked. They asked for tax returns and she showed them.

Hope this helps.

Can someone with the I-551 stamp pending in passport land in Canada and then cross back to US with n

We are trying to find anyone with information or experience in doing this. He has the I-551 pending (waiting on I-751 decision) stamp in his passport, and has the landing papers for Canada. He is wanting to do the landing and return to US the same day. We have heard various stories and versions of what may or may not happen... and we are just trying to find out for sure. Will he have any problems crossing back into the US with that stamp after he gets the stamp that he Landed? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. He is at 20 months at this point since interview for the I-751 and still we are waiting on US to make their decision... this is why he is doing the landing, but we want to know that he can come back.