Great news: welcome notice

poorme

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys. I’ve got the welcome notice this morning that I have been registered permanent resident. I would like to take this chance to thank you guys for sharing information and showing your supports.

Here are some important dates related to my case:

- Asylum approved: Feb 15, 2008
- I – 485 receipt notice: Feb 19, 2009
- Finger prints done: March 25, 2009
- Request for evidence: May 29, 2009
- Evidence received by USCIS: June 12, 2009
- Green card approved: August 18, 2009

Processing time is exactly 6 months counting from the receipt date.

I wish you guy all lucks and successes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. I’ve got the welcome notice this morning that I have been registered permanent resident. I would like to take this chance to thank you guys for sharing information and support.

Here are some important dates related to my case:

- Asylum approved: Feb 15, 2008
- I – 485 receipt notice: Feb 19, 2009
- Finger prints done: March 25, 2009
- Request for evidence: May 29, 2009
- Evidence received by USCIS: June 12, 2009
- Green card approved: August 18, 2009

Processing time is exactly 6 months counting from the receipt date.

I wish you guy all lucks and successes.

Congratulation !

May I ask you which Service Center and what evidence they requested from you?
Thanks and congratulation ones again

OMG!! Poorme! am soooo happy for you. This is good news. am so happy yu got it. did yu expedite or call anyone or it just happened before yu did all that??? We have been waiting together and am sure i will get mine soon too. this was the sign i was waiting for.

Thanks again :)

I really need the green card to start my job so on August 13, I asked the Senator’s office in my state to help me send the expedite request. However, the request was denied right away by USCIS and the reason was because I was still in normal processing time. And this morning, I got 2 notices in email, one said that I have been adjudicated, the other said the card was ordered to be made and sent to me. I think it just happened.

65 days ago, I got the message that said USCIS got my response for evidene and I would get the decision/ update within 60 days.

Thanks again :)

I really need the green card to start my job so on August 13, I asked the Senator’s office in my state to help me send the expedite request. However, the request was denied right away by USCIS and the reason was because I was still in normal processing time. And this morning, I got 2 notices in email, one said that I have been adjudicated, the other said the card was ordered to be made and sent to me. I think it just happened.

65 days ago, I got the message that said USCIS got my response for evidene and I would get the decision/ update within 60 days.

Congrats for getting your GC. It is a big milestone.

I would guess you heard or read about the emotional rollercoaster that several fellow asylees (including myself) went thru to get their GC. Five to seven years wait (from asylee approval to receipt of GC) was pretty much standard. As an example check my timeline below.

For most us those endless waits were like walking in darkness and aimlessly. In this forum, we shared our pain and comforted each other, exchanged information and help one another during those difficult times.

I am very very happy to see that ... current and future asylees will not (hopefully) find themselves in legal limbo and go thru those agonizing experience.

Again, Congrats. I bet you have now started countdowning to your I-400 application date. That was exactly what I did. You will get there before you know it...