great guru or any one please advice

kb_gc

Registered Users (C)
my wife is currently in India. She has her I-797 notice approved effective Oct 2005. No appointments are available in Chennai for another 5 months for H1 stamping. Can she enter US in H4 and change status to H1 while in US? Does it matter if she enters US after Oct 1st.

Gurus your advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

kb_gc said:
my wife is currently in India. She has her I-797 notice approved effective Oct 2005. No appointments are available in Chennai for another 5 months for H1 stamping. Can she enter US in H4 and change status to H1 while in US? Does it matter if she enters US after Oct 1st.

Gurus your advice is greatly appreciated

Did she have H4 alrady with her?
Did she get her H1 approval notice with I 94 portion at bottom?
Answer first above Q

Thanks

She was in H4 while in US. She left US after her I797 was approved with I-94 at the bottom. She will have her H4 visa stamped in chennai and planning to enter US in H4.

Thanks

kb_gc said:
She was in H4 while in US. She left US after her I797 was approved with I-94 at the bottom. She will have her H4 visa stamped in chennai and planning to enter US in H4.

Thanks

She can return to US with her H4 and start working from Oct 1, 2005 as h1 worker.

Great_guru,

It is not clear whether she has to enter US before Oct 1st 2005 or can she enter US on H4 after Oct 1st 2005 and still begin working in H-1B visa?

Also please clarify if she has to inform USCIS if she enter into US on H4 visa?

Thank you for you help

kb_gc said:
Great_guru,

It is not clear whether she has to enter US before Oct 1st 2005 or can she enter US on H4 after Oct 1st 2005 and still begin working in H-1B visa?

Also please clarify if she has to inform USCIS if she enter into US on H4 visa?

Thank you for you help

Better enter well before Oct 1st 2005