• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Granted Green Card Only to b disqualified a week later..What Can i Do?

kissalive

In brief, i applied for the green card lottery back in 2008 online through US Lottery, where i was successful in 2014 where i was granted an interview date to attend in Sydney Australia, however at the time i was married and my partner decided she no longer wanted to immigrate to the USA, so we fore-fort the opportunity.

Since 2015 i am no longer married, and was successful in the lottery again where i went to Sydney on April 9th 2019 for an interview.

Below is an email that i sent to the US Consulate to bring you up to date as to what had happened since being congratulated in my interview on obtaining the Green card, only for them to change their minds., also i have attached a copy of their response.

Im devastated to say the least of the outcome, and not sure if there is anything that i can do?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
To whom it may concern,

On the 9th April 2019 at 10:30am, i attended an interview at the US Consulate in Sydney for the DV 260.

During my attendeance i went through the procedures required to be interviewed for my visa.

The interview was conducted, and i was informed that everything was fine, only i needed to submit to the US Consulate in Sydney a copy of my Nation Police Clearance, as the one that i had provided and had certified was issued from Western Australia and not from Canberra and that the embassy was just waiting on my medical information to be sent to the embassy, but that was not an issue for me to worry about.

During the interview the interviewing office asked me questions about where i planed on living in the US and whether my children would be planing on migrating to the USA, i replied no they would not be.

The interviewing office went on to say that he noticed that this was the second time that i had been offered this visa in five years, and that i was fortunate to had it offered again to me, and asked as to why i never took the opportunity the first time.

I explained that at the time my ex partner had changed her mind, and now my circumstances and changed, as my marriage had ended in an unfortunate way where i haven’t seen my children near on three years.

Once the interviewing officer had completed the questions he then verbally congratulated me on getting my visa.

He proceeded to say once we receive the National Police Clearance issued from Canberra, you will receive a pack approximately 1 to 2 weeks later from the US Consulate, along with your passport, through registered post.

I asked the interviewing officer about the time frame in which i had to enter the US and he replied you have six months from the date of your medical exam, providing you enter with in that six months period you will be fine.

I thanked him with excitement and left the US Consulate in Sydney.

On the 16th April 2019 approximately 2:09pm WST, i had received a phone call from the US Consulate in Sydney, informing me that i am now not eligible and have been disqualifired from the diversity Visa, my reply was how can this be when i was congratulated the day of my interview, the gentleman on the phone informed me that it was he, who congratulated me as he was the interviewing officer, however apparently i had not disclosed my dependants.

I have since sent documents showing that i had disclosed my dependants on the DV 260 application, and conversations via email with the immigrant visa unit in Sydney, prior to my interview, with the immigrant unit, confirming that my children will NOT be attending the interview.

I also attached copies of my DV 260 application disclosing my dependants.

I had received an email from the US Consulate in Sydney saying that i had not disclosed my dependants on my lottery application, on my original application BOTH my dependants where listed, however since my marriage break down, my circumstances had changed, where i asked for a divorce from my ex partner, because of that, i had removed my partner from the lottery application and removed the children as i had lost contact with both my girls due to the divorce becoming quite bitter.

I love my children but unfortunately, due to their mother bitterness i have not had contact/access to my children, which did not allow me to provide up dated passport photos of them both for the ameded lottery application, so to remove them from the lottery application was the only option i had, for the application to continue, however disclosing both my girls on the DV 260 application shows that i provided full discloser, being totally honest with nothing to hide.

Im devastated to of been congratulated on my visa only for me to be taken away from me in a matter of a week.

My change of circumstances had made the process difficult as there are no allowances/options that cater for change of circumstances such as mine,i have been totally honest, with nothing to hide, i hope that there is a way of having the decision over turned to the original design on the day of my interview, where i was congratulated and accepted.

Please if you could be so kind to provide me with what i can do from here?

If I understand correctly that you left the children off the most recent lottery application, then yes you were correctly denied. It’s sad that you have lost contact with your children, however, this is not an excuse (for US purposes) for leaving them off. You are correct that you had a dilemma without photos, and we have seen other cases like this. There indeed is no workaround (other than using an old picture for the children, which technically you are not supposed to). But the instructions for entry and for selectees both clearly state leaving dependents off the entry form means disqualification.

Unfortunately you were justly disqualified since you did not include your children on the eDV registration, regardless of the initial congratulatory message you received at the end of your interview.

It’s sad you no longer have access to your daughters and didn’t have their most recent photos to include with your eDV registration, but no exception can be granted in this case. Not including one’s dependents on the eDV registration, regardless of the reason, leads to a denial/disqualification at the end of the interview - rules are rules, the outcome can’t be changed from what it is. You’ll just have to accept the decision and move on.