Govt. Trying to Improve I-485 Process

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
BUT NOT FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED APPLICANTS!!!!

The Dallas District of will on May 3, 2004 start a pilot project whereby adjustment of status applications can be filed with an immediate interview and adjudication planned to be completed within 90 days.

See attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

But with the EB I-485 fees................

All these pilot programs, conferences, studies, the Oath, the Adopted Children, the Time and Motion Studies, all from OUR FEES!

correct me if i am wrong, but isn't this more for the political reason:
family based,
Dallas where many Mexican immigrants are,
re-election time..

what about the employ based, tax-paying, hard-working people?
:mad: :(

Originally posted by operations
BUT NOT FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED APPLICANTS!!!!

The Dallas District of will on May 3, 2004 start a pilot project whereby adjustment of status applications can be filed with an immediate interview and adjudication planned to be completed within 90 days.

See attached.

Certainly a good start, I wish they do that for Employment based Applicants too.

Originally posted by operations
The Dallas District ......

It is another gaffe like the one of religious workers. Just because religious worker’s I-485 were being sunset at the end of FY 2003, they halted EB. And Bush extended the religious worker program by 10 more years. Wow.

It is election time and the beneficiaries are the voters, not poor EB petitioners. In fact, it would slow the EB AOS processing as where the USCIS would pull the adjudicators?

Yep, you guessed it right, from EB AOS.

It is a very bad news for TSC applicants, because many adjudicators will be assigned to this group to process non-EB based I485s. probably bad news to other centers too, because it is possible that TSC will borrow some resources from VSC,NSC and CSC.

Bush needs help from this....

What could be the reasons for excluding Employment Based applications..?

I can see reasons for excluding Asylees, Refugees and Life Act applications, though in reality no one should 've to wait this long! What could be the reasons, other than another election year stunt!!!

Re: What could be the reasons for excluding Employment Based applications..?

One good reason we can't vote, not yet.

Originally posted by PradK
I can see reasons for excluding Asylees, Refugees and Life Act applications, though in reality no one should 've to wait this long! What could be the reasons, other than another election year stunt!!!

Can this be considered discriminatory towards EB based GC's?? This was the first thought I got when I read that EB cases were not included in this program, but after reading the details in the attached documents, I am not so sure if charges of discrimination will hold (but then, hey!, I am no lawyer and never claimed to be one). But I think it will be a good fodder in the lawsuit to claim that EB cases are not given due diligence by USCIS.

Watch it!

Originally posted by lz25888
correct me if i am wrong, but isn't this more for the political reason:
family based,
Dallas where many Mexican immigrants are,
re-election time..

what about the employ based, tax-paying, hard-working people?
:mad: :(

I am deeply insulted by this post.

I am a Mexican EmployMENT based immigrant with pending I-485.

However, I know many people who came to this country using a Family-based immigration path and they are as, if not more "tax-paying" and "hard-working" as me, or any of you.

Yes, I work hard, yes, I pay my taxes. But I wouldn't be able to work on my fancy computer if nobody came at night to dust my desk, empty by garbage bin, clean the toilets and urinals. These are the people who typically have to wait for a family-based oportunity, because their work is not respected enough by the likes of you and the likes of American lawmakers.

Today I would be starving if a kind Mexican girl hadn't got up at 4:00 am to go to serve breakfast at McDonald's. Surely you don't believe they give Green Cards or H visas to flip burgers.

A typical family-based case has been pending for A DECADE. If the USCIS is doing something to attack its backlog, I am happy they are starting with these cases. At least they got that one right.

FB people typically suffer even more hardship than EB, it is RIGHT that they are given higher priority in efforts to right this big wrong which is US immigration these days.

And even then, implementing a fast-track for FB cases will eventually free-up resources that could end up helping our EB cases as well.

I don't know what you think, but I think that racial prejudice will take us nowhere that we really want to go. And it certainly makes us no better than these "Gringos" we complain so much about.

Shalom,
Memo.