Got Walkin AP at Newark

daj

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Today I got my walk in Parole at Newark. Had to pay $110 inspite of the fact that I have a pending AP at VSC since October 16, 2003.

It was a long day. For people planning to go there, reach at 6:30 AM and stand in line at Walnut Street.

I was the 46th person today for AP(reached at 7Am and it was a cold day. I stood outside for 15 minutes and took more than an hour to get to my normal state after I got in) and they closed at the 50th person. So I just made it.

Only 1 question was asked. Why do you want to leave US. I just said to meet family. No emergency. They gave it.

In fact those who have not applied in VSC and not pay the lawyer that I did, it might be a good idea to just walkin. Just make sure you write Expected Date of Travel to be less than 3 weeks in the future from the day you go there.

daj

walkin AP at newark

Thanks, daj, for the info. I need to do it in a couple of months and this is useful info to know. But is it always this easy or were you just lucky? And what do U need to take with U?

J Rao

I think a bit of both, I am guessing its always liek this but I could lucky too I don tknow

All u need is Check for 110, 2 photos, 131 Form and 485 receipt.

Daj,

Told you that Newark is atleast cool with AP. As I said it might depnd on the officer to waive the fee for AP if one is pending at VSC. In my case she just took the copy of the AP receipt.

I also waited that long but after coming back from vacation I realised that wait was worth it.

Did u show them the receipt for the pending AP?

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks forum

It was your post that encouraged me.

Initially I did not show my AP receipt at Room 200 ( It is the low level clerks sitting there) . But 1 Indian in front of me did show his pending AP but he was told to pay 110 anyway.

After that I had to pay the fees on the 14th floor. And then at 13th I had already paid the fees so did not actually tell the IIO to
give me money back ( he would have freaked out)

Yes, I actually showed the AP receipt to the person who checks the paper, not sure what the room was, then they tell you to go to the room where you are suppose to just give the forms to them.

Then as for me I was directed to sit in a waiting room area where other people for IEAD and AP were sitting, additioanally you must have been asked to fill out a form for questionnaire which must be how long you have been here, status etc and a warning blah...

Anyway enjoy your trip

Last edited by a moderator:
Who can do the walkin @ Newark ?

Daj,

Good that you decided to do the walkin and got the AP.

Do you know if a person residing in Boston can do the walk-in
at the Newark office ?

Is there an address you have for this office that you could post ?

I live in Boston and was thinking of taking a train from Boston
to somewhere near where the office is and hopefully walking
out with the AP!

Thanks in advance,
Frere

I think walk in AP is possible in Houston TX also

Last week when i went for my passport stamping i saw Notice, which says for emergency parole, you need doctor certificate and proof of relationship. So that means they are also issuing Emergency AP.

freretruck,

I do not know if they will issue for Boston people. But in case you need address it is

970 Broad Street, Newark , NJ

From Boston catch Amtrak to New york Penn Station.

From New York Penn Station take New Jersey Transit to Newark Penn station. It is abt 10 minute walk from there.

But u will have to come a day earlier obviously. However to get to Newark Penn station , i doubt that there are trains so early in the morning from wherever u plan to stay overnight.

Originally posted by daj
freretruck,

I do not know if they will issue for Boston people. But in case you need address it is

970 Broad Street, Newark , NJ

From Boston catch Amtrak to New york Penn Station.

From New York Penn Station take New Jersey Transit to Newark Penn station. It is abt 10 minute walk from there.

But u will have to come a day earlier obviously. However to get to Newark Penn station , i doubt that there are trains so early in the morning from wherever u plan to stay overnight.

You can go to www.njtransit.com to find out the train schedules.

daj-

i was trying to get this info and thaks a lot for posting this. Hey i have a question....is it that i have to go on a particular day or any day of week is good?

did they ask the receipt of 485 as i just have the number and not the receipt....

Thanks.

Good for you,

In my case, I reached the office 6:45 AM and after a long day without any drop of water or food, was waiting there till 5:00 AM almost fainted twice on the waiting chairs, but finally they did issue the AP, asked few questions and gave few suggestions on how to use the copies etc. I had it for multiple entries and the wait was worth for a day.

Make sure that you have a heavy breakfast and get juice bottle with you, I mean it!

Take care guys! :eek:

Guru-

My lawyer says the office is only open on wednesday fro public....is it a true statement

forum is correct. Any day except Wednesday. And you do need the 485 receipt. wait 3-4 days, I am sure u will get ur receipt by then..

Is your emergency AP valid for 1 year?

Daj,
Is your emergency AP valid for 1 year?
Thanks
WIS

The one I got is for a year, there is nothing mentioned as Emergency on the AP, but it only says the Newark office issued it.

any answer for fere truck

guys,
i'm in the same boat. Wanted to goto Newark while leaving in Boston for walkin AP.

Can We(Boston) people do that.
If they ask us the new 131 form can we apply with NJ address over there.?

Pls help anybody

Re: any answer for fere truck

Originally posted by reach_honey
guys,
i'm in the same boat. Wanted to goto Newark while leaving in Boston for walkin AP.

Can We(Boston) people do that.
If they ask us the new 131 form can we apply with NJ address over there.?

Pls help anybody

You can try, but I saw a person who came for IEAD was given very hard time as his initial EAD or application was filed from different state.

They were not even issuing him the ticket, after he refused to go they gave him the ticket and said that try your luck, i.e. go upstairs and see if the actual officer allows you to do.

Not sure what happenned after that.

But this applies to IEAD not sure for AP, make sure before you try this..