Got the receipt, have some questions...

FlyingTurk

Registered Users (C)
Just got the receipt of the N400 receipt by Nebraska Center. Few things that I have questions about:
- The title is 'Receipt with Exception'. It reads that there are missing evidence and I will have to get the missing items to the interview. My attorney prepared the documents and we quadruple checked everything. Should I be alarmed about this?
- At the end of the document it reads 'You should expect to be notified in 248 days'. This looks to be a very long time compared to others I have seen on this board. IS this normal, or are the processing times going to be really really long. (I am going through the Seattle DO).

- Shouldn't have my attorney received this notices, since she filed for it?

Thanks.....

FlyingTurk

The USCIS has an unwritten "confuse the customer strategy".

1. Just about everyone gets a missing evidence notice. No one knows why
  2. Mine said 755 days, it took them about 6 months until I got my first interview notice. They seem to make this number up.
  3. It's in your name, has your mailing address, and most people who do this don't have an attorney - unlike the GC process, this is pretty much self-service. Care to share why you needed an attorney and what kind of advice you got?

- The title is 'Receipt with Exception'. It reads that there are missing evidence and I will have to get the missing items to the interview. My attorney prepared the documents and we quadruple checked everything. Should I be alarmed about this?
You probably mentioned traffic tickets etc., regarding citations in your N-400 form but did not submit a court disposition to prove that the case was closed out. In almost all such cases USCIS sends an exception notice. You should carry a court disposition during your interview and you should be good.

- At the end of the document it reads 'You should expect to be notified in 248 days'. This looks to be a very long time compared to others I have seen on this board. IS this normal, or are the processing times going to be really really long. (I am going through the Seattle DO).
That is literally an arbitrary number of days. If you recall your green card days, your i-485 application probably had a similar arbitrary number of days mentioned in it. So, just ignore it and don't at all worry.

- Shouldn't have my attorney received this notices, since she filed for it?
One copy goes to the attorney while another one goes directly to the applicant. That's why you received it. If you ask your attorney, he/she must've received a copy as well.

Yep it probably is you did something with the tickets but didn't submit court orders for them. I never got this notice at all, so not sure how common it is...

nonUScitizen,
i know you know my timeline, but wanted reply back to you anyway to make the information available to the other people..