Got the passport stamped at Hartford today(3/16).

harapattawaiter

Registered Users (C)
We got our passport stamped today. The stamp is nothing but a red stamp on one of the page on the passport with all other details. The validity of that stamp is 1 year. We asked the officer about the physical card recieving time frame and she said -
"1 year". Can anyone write there input on the time frame to get the card. If we need to submit some prove for employment authorization to our employer, is the copy of that stamped page enough or they need something else??

Congratulations !!! You dont need to worry too much. Not sure about your part of the country, but I got my passport stamped on February 25, 2004 in Atlanta, GA and received the actual card on March 8, 2004. That stamp looks very un-official as you have pointed out, but dont worry, it serves its purpose pretty well. I am sure you will get your card soon as well. Keep checking your Status online and you will see the progress.

Don't worry, The officers will say maximum time frame. But you may get it within 2 months.
I got stamped on Feb 2nd, Yesterday my wife got it (mailed on 11th Mar), I am waitingfor my card. I may get it by tomorrow, coz they mailed on 12th Mar.

Good Luck,,,,,,

You will get in time

I got PP stamped in Boston 27 jan.2004.
In the counter, they told card will take 6 months.
But, got it in March 12.

So, you may get within 6-10 weeks.
Best luck:)

what are the details given in the passport stamp

what all details are put on the red stamp in the passport.

can we go to Social Security office to have the SSN card changed based on this stamp.

can we go to dmv office in NJ based on this stamp to get the licencse renwed for a longer period. right now only have it for less than a year. ==>nj guys any input

is stamping only done at newark on wednesdays
for NJ or can we go to any center . any day

Hi, guys:

Would they mail the cards to your addresses or your lawyer's address if the employer hired the lawyer? I am asking because all of my application receipts were sent to the lawyer. Would it be different for the actual card?

Hi, guys:

Would they mail the cards to your addresses or your lawyer's address if the employee hired the lawyer? I am asking because all of my application receipts were sent to the lawyer. Would it be different for the actual card?

Your card will be mailed to your address. When you go for stamping, you fill in the application form and give your residence address.

Thanks a lot! Is there anyway that I could let them to send my approval notice and all correspondence to me instead of the lawyer?

not really, it all depends on the initial arrangement made with your attorney. you will still receive a courtesy copy of the approval notice.

Can you please post your stamping experience in Hartford. I will be going for stamping the coming week or the week after that.
1. Is it enuf if we take the documents mentioned in the approval notice?
Is there a long queue for stamping. When is it advisable to go?

passport stamping

i will be able to go for passport stamping after 6 weeks from receiving the approval notice. is that ok.

passport stamp holders, plase reply

I got my passport stamped in Boston February 23, 2204, and I still did not recive a welcome notice. Should I be worried?
When did you guys receive your welcome notice after passsport stamping?
Anybody got the card with the similar days of stamping in Boston?

My status on line is not changing! I know, it is nothing compared what we all went through waiting for I-485 approval, but still...
Is it true that after the stamping I-89 is filed? If it is, than at least we may call and ask if this I-89 is not lost and what is the status?
What do you think?

thanks everybody!
gscrus

GSCRUS, dont worry about the Welcome Letter. I got my passport stamped in Atlanta but never received the letter. Yes, the form that you gave your Index Prints and signature is the I-89 which is the application for the physical green card. Dont worry about the online status changing. However, just keep checking your status with the same number that you were checking the I-485 with. It will change sometime or you may just receive the card itself. I think Atlanta has been the quickest in terms of stamping to getting the physical card, but I am sure you will receive yours. What you could do is call the NSC number and keep checking on your status. Try to call as soon as they open in the morning, you will get thru in a few minutes.

santo gc,

i got mine stamped at hartford last month. beware, this is posted in that office only that they accept only 10 pp stamping cases everyday. i got there around 830 and was 9th pp stamping case. what a relief!

a word about parking. there is paid parking across the street. but being a true son of the soil I drove around and turned right at the first TL just past the ins bldg. plenty of free street parking (authorized) there.

DO NOT fill up the white form the French speaking guy will give after taking your fp.