Got the magic welcome email today!!

harish7

Registered Users (C)
Got mine and spouse's email approval notices welcoming new permanent resident today evening. My case details are as below....

I-485 filed - June 25th 2007
I-485 Receipt Date - June 26th 2007
I-485 Notice Date - August 6th 2007

Fingerprint Notice - Aug 14th 2007
Fingerprinting Date - Sep 4th 2007

Priority Date: September 2002
State of Residence: VA
Originally filed with: NSC
Transfered to: TSC

There were no LUD's since I filed for change of address.....had a first LUD since April'08 with the updated approval information today.

I came to this country in 1999 and started the PR process multiple times -- 2004, 2005 and 2007.

Thanks to all the folks in this wonderful forum for your help and support.

I had scanned a copy of DHS 7001 and emailed to Ombudsman last Wednesday. Also, when I spoke to TSC IO three weeks ago, the IO mentioned that they will email the 485 team based on my case details....not sure what triggered an action to my case....but whatever it was....I'm glad it did!! :)

Good luck to those who are waiting....hope you all get your approval's soon.

P.S: Just this past Sunday my wife mentioned that the approval will happen on Tuesday...I was skeptical and making fun....but not anymore!!! Looks like I have to start listening to her from now on....ha ha ha ha :D :D :D

Congragulations..

Congragulations & enjoy ur green.

could you please let me know email id of ombudsman..

Are you using a labor substituion? (I came to this country in 1999 and started the PR process multiple times -- 2004, 2005 and 2007. )

Looking for ideas...

Last edited by a moderator:
GCWHEN1 ---> Yes...it was a sub labor case.

immi_mygc --> thanks for the kind words!

I wish and pray that all old timers get their approvals soon.

Curious to know - as i have also spent many years (from 1999) and multiple filings. Last year, June 2007, i checked and talked to some prospectective emloyers. They said that as i have crossed the 6 year mark, i could not file for a labor sub. Also, i will have to with draw my case & file a EB2 case at the same time. Wondering what mistake i did, so that i could have this as a hard lesson - may be i did not do my home work

Hi, harish7,

Congratulations!
I have a question for you. How were you able to reach TSC IO? My I-485 was filed 5 days earlied than yours (06/20/07). When I called TSC three week ago, a laddy said right now she could not do anything for me and I had to wait until my RD is outside the processing date for more than a month. By that time, I can call them again. They can file a service request. I want to speak to a TSC IO. But, I do not how to reach the IO, because a receptionist always picks up a phone first.
Thanks.

Hi, harish7,

Congratulations!
I have a question for you. How were you able to reach TSC IO? My I-485 was filed 5 days earlied than yours (06/20/07). When I called TSC three week ago, a laddy said right now she could not do anything for me and I had to wait until my RD is outside the processing date for more than a month. By that time, I can call them again. They can file a service request. I want to speak to a TSC IO. But, I do not how to reach the IO, because a receptionist always picks up a phone first.
Thanks.

I used the POJ technique.....I would have called them many times since March'08 but only twice or thrice I got some IO's who were willing to provide a case status update, and only one IO mentioned about emailing the 485 team.

Good luck with your case.

Here are the instructions....

Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Enter your receipt number SRCxxxxxxxxxx
Press 1 to Confirm if it starts with SRC
Press 1 again to confirm your RN
Press 3
Press 4

If you hear a voice telling you that no IO is available, hang up as you will be redirected to National Customer Service Center.

If you hear, "You have reached the Texas Service Center" then wait until you are connected. If not, hang-up and try again.

thanks harish for the detailed info on POJ technique
I was waiting for 29th of this month but unluckily for me, the TSC processing time went back to june 21 2007 :(

I guess I have to wait till its current and then wait for one more month before I can call TSC

thanks harish for the detailed info on POJ technique
I was waiting for 29th of this month but unluckily for me, the TSC processing time went back to june 21 2007 :(

I guess I have to wait till its current and then wait for one more month before I can call TSC

You are welcome! Hope you get your approval soon.

I'd say give them a call...it doesn't hurt trying. Maybe after 5 or 6 tries you might be connected to an IO who is willing to listen! Good luck. :)