got the interview notice today -- DC office

Any one received interview notice from Washington DC? Hack_It and gc-thro-spouse, any updates from your side?

no updates yet

Hi Andy,
I have a ND of Oct. 18 and no interview updates on my end.
I am planning on calling the 1800 number to find out where DC DO I-130s are being processed. Will let you know if I find out.
Keep us posted on your updates as well.
Thanks,
GC

Andy,
A year ago the process at the DC Office used to be "faster" as it took about 130 days for interview notice and about 180 days for the physical interview. Right now things kind of slowed down a little so it takes about 180 days for interview notice and about 230 for the interview. So my prediction is that we'll get the NOA for AOS the first or second week of March.

Hack_It said:
Andy,
A year ago the process at the DC Office used to be "faster" as it took about 130 days for interview notice and about 180 days for the physical interview. Right now things kind of slowed down a little so it takes about 180 days for interview notice and about 230 for the interview. So my prediction is that we'll get the NOA for AOS the first or second week of March.

I agree. Based on the timelines of the members in this forum, it appears that it takes approximately 180 days from ND to receive Interivew letter and another 45-60 days for the interview.

For example

1. Sawaal ND June 15, Interivew letter received December 15, Interview January 30 (180 days for Interview notice, 45 days from receipt of interview notice to the interview)

2. Sundra_shi July 7 ND, Interview letter recieved January 8, Interview feb 26
(180 Days for receiving interview letter, 48 days from receipt of interview notice to interview)

3. Jessys July 13 ND, Interview letter received approx January 9, Interview Feb 27. (176 days for receiving interview letter, 48 days from receipt of interview notice to interview)

Though the above sample is small, there is a trend.

Extrapolating above information,

So for Hack_It ND 09/13, Interview Letter between 03/06 and 03/13 ??Interview before end of April

Same for Andy

For GC thro spouse ND Oct 18, Interview Letter between April 13 and April 20 ?? and Interview before end of May

The only reason why I am hopeful we may recieve our interview letter sooner is because of end of holiday season. I am hoping that there would be more USCIS staff working in January/February than in November/December. This year being a mild winter season should help a bit.

It appears atleast things are speeding up in St.Louis MO another slow DO (post-holiday trend). Riversun whose ND is 6/28 got Interview letter on January 8 which is more or less similar to Washington DC DO timelines, but Cindy Wang whose ND is August 28 got Interview letter on January 31 for interview towards the end of March.

If Washington DC follows the same trend (post-holiday trend) and Since Hack It and mine are close to Augsut 28, hopefully we may get interview letter before March 6 to March 13 week and gc thro spouse may get interview letter even faster by middle of March.

I tried to find somebody from Washington DC DO with ND of August and could not. If anyone knows persons with ND in August, it would be helpful.

Nothing at all

Hi Andy,
Nothing new our end. No LUDs, no snail mail yet.
The USCIS hasn't updated its processing times, too.
So really--nothing. The wait is pretty frustrating.

sundra_shi,jessys

Sundra_shi and jessys,

Good luck on your upcoming interviews. Please update with your experience

Looks like dates moved...

Per latest processing times update, I-485 for Washington DC is April 13,2006.

Sundra_Shi,

How are you? Hope your interview went fine. Please post your interview experience when you get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
interview today and got approved!

Just want to share my experiences here. My DO is with D.C (fairfax).

It was an easy interview overall. our appointment was 10:45am, and we got there around 10:15am. We waited almost 2 hrs and got called in at 12:30pm. The officer is a very nice mid-aged male. We sat down after took the oath. He first asked for our IDs, then went through some basic info about ourselves. He asked my husband to repeat his own name, birthdate and SSN etc.al and aske me myself's name and etc. al. (not even the other way around). He then went through some info in my I-485, repeating some questions. after that, he asked for our joint accounts, and we showed him our several banking accounts,and car joint insurance etc.al.. He then asked for any photos. We had photos from various trips, family events before and after the marriage. We also showed him our wedding album. He was pretty overwhelmed by those photos. He made some copies of the photos. That's pretty much it. Then he stamped my passport with temporary one year valid green card stamp and I am waiting for the physical card in the mail. Since our marriage is less than two years, we need to file the I-751 later as usual. he took away my EADs/Ap/I-94.

So it was an easy interview. Don't worry about it too much if the marriage is real. Good luck to everyone in this forum.

DO: washington D.C
F-1 married to USC, then work with EAD
ND:July13, 2006
Interview ND:Jan 3rd,2007
inteview letter received: Jan.9th,07
Interview date: Feb.27th, 2007 and got approved

Congratulations...

Jess,

Congratulations on your approval. :p Enjoy a year of free metro ride with your greencard stamp.... a new initiative by Mayor Adrian Fenty to ensure that immigrants are welcomed and enjoy the tri-state area....:)

Moreover, enjoy your evening.... which should be pleasant....:D

no updates

Andy,
I was hoping you will be the bearer of some good news--that you've received the interview letter.
Let's hope your calculations come true and you receive the letter next week and I receive it a month later or so.
I've seen no updates on my case.

Today, I saw a post on visa journey forum, where one of the posters whose wife was here on K-1 visa with a NOA date of 09/15 got interview notice today. Her interview is on April 26. Keeping fingers crossed.

I-130 approval

Hello all, I am new to this site but Thank you for all the good things you are doing for us.
I am a US citizen living in NY married to a nigerian who lives in LOndon on a student visa.

We got married in June 06 and VSC received my I-130 in July 18, 2006. I havent heard anything from them until March 4th, 2007 when they sent NOA requesting for a civil marriage certificate. We had provided a Church of England issued certificate.

My questions are:
When I get the civil certificate, how much longer would i wait to get a decision?
My wife's student visa has expired and she has applied for extension which is still pending at the HOME OFFICE (immigration) in UK. SHe has a letter acknowledging the receipt. Is this a problem?
We maintained a verifiable relationship over the past 4 years.
Will I need to apply I129f again?

joining the ranks / trenches with other DC filers (thought I was North Carolina). as you can tell by my signature timeline I have quite a ways to go for my interview. as processing times look now, could my estimate be right?-interview letter in June for a July interview? I bet DC is one of the toughest interview places per Al Southner comments on corruption-what exactly happened?