Got the green card, but totally forgot my parking ticket

axter

The parking ticket was issued to my wife by her school. It was for $49 and it was paid for.
It was so minor/minimal that we totally forgot about it on my Adjustment of Status application (approved and got it in 2018).

We answered NO to the following three questions:

25. Have you ever been arrested, citied, charged, or detained for any reason by law enforcement official)?
26. Have you ever committed a crime of any kind (even if you were not cited, arrested)
27. Have you ever pled guilty to or been convicted of a crime

We're so worried now. We didn't mean to hide my parking ticket. It was so small that We simply forgot to mention... is my wife in big trouble?

The parking ticket was issued to my wife by her school. It was for $49 and it was paid for.
It was so minor/minimal that we totally forgot about it on my Adjustment of Status application (approved and got it in 2018).

We answered NO to the following three questions:

25. Have you ever been arrested, citied, charged, or detained for any reason by law enforcement official)?
26. Have you ever committed a crime of any kind (even if you were not cited, arrested)
27. Have you ever pled guilty to or been convicted of a crime

We're so worried now. We didn't mean to hide my parking ticket. It was so small that We simply forgot to mention... is my wife in big trouble?

Don’t worry. The language in the statute and Supreme Court case laws say that the misrepresentation needs to be WILFUL and MATERIAL. The parking ticket ticket is not material to your grant I.e. the officer could not deny your GC even if he had known about your case. Enjoy your GC and sleep well.