Got The F-1 Visa...but...

snowmike

Registered Users (C)
Hello...Just some simple questions.

My wife got the F-1 successfully 2 days ago, however, when she was at the consulate, they took the 1-20 and school acceptance letter!? But she already paid the postage fee for the F-1 visa. My questions is, are they gonna mail her back the new 1-20 and the letters, since these two are important documents when she is at the POE...

any quick answer would be great. Thanks alot!:)

probably a mistake. She needs to contact the consulate and get the I-20 back. She'll need it for POE and school.

Hi,

I wanted to know which consulate did you go to for the F-1 interview? Could you please share the questions the visa officer asked your wife.

Was your wife earlier on H-4 visa ?

Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

H4 to F1

Hi,

I got my visa changed from H4 to F1 more than a year ago at the new delhi consulate. the officer checked all my documents (especially financial papers incl. 6-month bank statements and some property papers I had taken with me). she even checked my GRE score, even though I'd been in the program at my grad school for a semester going into the interview.

She didn't really ask much else from what I remember. Just make sure you take all the documents.

Good luck!

H4 to F1

Thanks a lot for the information. I had one more question.

I am worried that the visa officer may ask that since I can continue studying on H4 why do I want an F1 visa. What did you plan to answer for this?

Thanks once again.

Answer to Officer

I wanted to utilize the OPT option to gain real-world work experience in the U.S. before going back to my home country.