Got the "descheduled" letter 2 days before the interview!

Dani

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Just wanted to let everybody know that my iterview got cancelled 4 days before the actual interview date. I got the descheduled letter yesterday — exactly 2 days before the actual Naturalization appointment... I guess no need to say how depressed and outraged I feel at the moment. Now I will have to cancel my vacation planned in January since I don't know when the USCIS is planning to notify me of the new interview date.
Jesus Christ God Almighty, I've seen may people being in the same boat as I am, but less than a week before the interview?! This is something that I can't really comprehend.
I had scheduled the infopass for tomorrow, so I will keep you guys posted.
Did any of you had similar experience?
Meanwhile, please post your thoughts regarding the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dani...what a bummer! :(

I definately know how you feel since I got descheduled also. Only, mine wasn't so close to the actual interview date. I can only chalk it up to being so close to the holidays and that someone is still enjoying turkey day :D

I hope you get your rescheduled interview letter soon. I hope I get mine soon too.

Hang in there...be patient and have good thoughts. I'm sure everything will work out in due time. :)

Hang _in_there

Dani

I know cases where they have left voice mail just the day before Interview asking them not to come. This is what they do give us hope, snatch them away, keep us waiting.

All for good.

Yeah, I got descheduled about a week before my interview - it's extremely frustrating. If you are like me, you probably have the urge to show up anyway. Don't bother - my wife's interview was 10 minutes earlier than my descheduled one. She asked her IO if it was possible and the IO said that it would be impossible to interview me if I had been descheduled.

Here is my descheduling experience: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=225887

My advice. Wait a bit (month or 6 weeks) to cool down and see if they quickly reschedule things. Then get an infopass and find out exactly what happened (it appears that the most common cause is a mis-routing of your A-File). Once you know what's going on, take the congressman/senator route.

Good luck.

I just got my interview date set for the beginning of Jan. I just saw this thread. Hopefully everyone has recovered from New Years. That just would suck so much. Do they ever give a reason why it's de-schedualed? Like they need extra time to review something or they don't have something in order? Or is it just randomly? Ugh, last thing I need to worry about now...

Nope, you just get a two line notice saying that your interview has been "descheduled due to unforeseen circumstances".

I find it ironic that they use the word "deschedule" to describe an indefinitely postponed test of your English language abilities.

Yes, it is pretty much the definition of "sucks". I've heard of some folks where they received a reschedule notice within a month of the first notice. However, in my case, the reason for my descheduling (they mis-routed my A-File) was cured about a week after the original interview date. It took 4 or 5 months and the intervention of my senator's office to get it rescheduled.

I don't think it's that common - don't worry about it unless it happens to you. In my case, something happened at the USCIS, and about half the A-Files scheduled for interviews in the Dallas DO that week were mis-routed (so I've been told). Luckily my wife's file was not one of them.

Yeah I read your link you had posted and saw all of that you went through. I wonder how common this is (not just at the Texas Service Center). Too bad there's probably no statistics on it to see what % of applicants get this sort of "deschedualed" thing. And yes english test will be interesting considering they spelt "uissied" instead of "issued" on my interview letter explaining all the stuff I need to bring in, including telling me about the english test...

Thank you guys for your encouragement, it means a lot to me.
Flydog, you are right - I should blow off some steam before going there asking questions. I actually wanted to show up anyway, but decided not to. Even canceled my infopass — let's just wait a few weeks and see what will happen.
Yeah, to answer someone's question, the letter was pretty standard — "due to unforseen circumstances, bla bla bla.... we will notify you in a separate notice, bla bla..." The envelope had my DO's address on it, with my name hand-written with a sharpie :rolleyes:... The letter itself didn't even adressed me by name, it was a standard "dear applicant". Considering the fact that DO issued it pretty much at the last moment and in the rush, I suspect that the reason is something minor, but of course one can never be sure with those a-holes.
God, I just hope it's not the namecheck...

Flydog said:
Yeah, I got descheduled about a week before my interview - it's extremely frustrating. If you are like me, you probably have the urge to show up anyway. Don't bother - my wife's interview was 10 minutes earlier than my descheduled one. She asked her IO if it was possible and the IO said that it would be impossible to interview me if I had been descheduled.

Here is my descheduling experience: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=225887

My advice. Wait a bit (month or 6 weeks) to cool down and see if they quickly reschedule things. Then get an infopass and find out exactly what happened (it appears that the most common cause is a mis-routing of your A-File). Once you know what's going on, take the congressman/senator route.

Good luck.

Flydog, just out of curiosity — did your on-line status changed at all prior to interview deschedule notice? Mine stays absolutely the same — last updated on Oct 16, the date when the original interview letter was issued.
Not that an old shark like me would take on-line status seriously, but still...

Dani said:
Hi all,
Just wanted to let everybody know that my iterview got cancelled 4 days before the actual interview date. I got the descheduled letter yesterday — exactly 2 days before the actual Naturalization appointment... I guess no need to say how depressed and outraged I feel at the moment. Now I will have to cancel my vacation planned in January since I don't know when the USCIS is planning to notify me of the new interview date.
Jesus Christ God Almighty, I've seen may people being in the same boat as I am, but less than a week before the interview?! This is something that I can't really comprehend.
I had scheduled the infopass for tomorrow, so I will keep you guys posted.
Did any of you had similar experience?
Meanwhile, please post your thoughts regarding the matter.
That sucks buddy. I can comprehend what it might feel like with the "so close yet so far" feeling:(.

Hi Dani...from my experience, my online status date did not change when they descheduled my interview.

Hopefully, I will get the rescheduled interview notice soon. Hope you get yours soon too. Keeping fingers crossed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
happigal said:
Hi Dani...from my experience, my online status date did not change when they descheduled my interview.

Hopefully, I will get the rescheduled interview notice soon. Hope you get yours soon too. Keeping fingers crossed :)

Thanks Happigal... I hope you're right :) According to USCIS they suppode to send a new IL within 11 weeks...
We'll see :cool:

Case Status Update

Just to let everybody know — I got my new IL today. It is scheduled for Jan 3, 2007. Thanks God!
Overall, it took them 8 days to reshedule my interview (exluding weekends. I guess :D )
Oh boy, I am relieved, but still very suspicious. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting for the new interview date.

Dani said:
Just to let everybody know — I got my new IL today. It is scheduled for Jan 3, 2007. Thanks God!
Overall, it took them 8 days to reshedule my interview (exluding weekends. I guess :D )
Oh boy, I am relieved, but still very suspicious. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting for the new interview date.

Well that's nothing at least compared to some who seem to be waiting for months. Hope if I have to get deschedualed it's like yours. So an extra week of studying then huh ha ha...