• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Got The Date Interview, Need Some Info

danijelabnza

Registered Users (C)
Hi there everybody,

First I have to say that this Forum helped me trough this process and was my greatest support. Thanks everybody.
I've got my Interview Date for June and i need to know next. I have all documents ready and translated last September (i was thinking it will be sooner) so they are old almost 10 months.
1. Do I need to repeat and get all documents again?
2. Did anything change with the consular request regarding Affidant of Support and Job offer?
I will try to get both and some money on the account.
The Affidant of Support is done by my friends who earn only $50.000,oo.
3. Are my friends earnings enaf to provide us a Affidant of Support?
Thank you and good luck to everybody....

Hi,

Some consulates require that some documents like birth, police ( especially !) or marriage certificates be less than 3months old.
You should call the consulate where you have your interview to make sure.

For evidence of support, you can :
- have an affidavit of support from a USC or LPR ( I134 ).
- job offer in the US
- money ( bank statement ) : if that's the only thing you can show foe evidence of support, you can follow the poverty guidelines ( about 15k$ for a couple ).

But keep in mind that the immigration officer evaluates your potential to find a job ( thus not to become public charge ) : so if you have high education, it's okay if you do not have that much for evidence of support.