Got Stamping. Have a question...Please help.

sri12

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All:

This morning I went to Newark USCIS office at 7:45 and got stamped my passport at 9:50 AM and came out.

They took my
2 EADs (1 old and 1 current)
APs(3 copy of current AP)
2 ADIT photos
Stamped my passport with the following info...

A# , EAC number and a message saying processed for I-551. Temporary Permanent Residence valid until 7/13/2005. Employment authorized.

IS that ALL?

The reason behind my doubt is that for everyone they called them again to give the passport...in my case they gave me in the same counter as soon as collecting my EADs, APs etc.,

I appreciate your comment.

-srini

When I went for stamping I have noticed the same. It depends on the service officer. Some officers stamp at the same time and some will verify (back ground checking I guess) and then give passport at a different counter..

Yeah, I noticed that too when we went for pp stamping at Philadelphia. For all those ahead of us in the queue they would do some background checks and call them back for the fingerprinting and pp stamping, but for us they just did the whole thing in one shot. Even we asked the Immigration Officer, 'Is that all? Are we done?' and she said smilingly, 'Yes.'

Thanks for the input....

Yesterday evening I took my passport to my friends house and verified the contents. There was no difference. Big Relief.

Your reply put me back on happy mood. Thank you so much.

For people wearing a white shirt, they followed that procedure.
For others, they took their documents and asked them to wait.