Here are my details:

Who don't trust ignore and leave

RD : 27th Sep 2001.
ND : NOV 2001
EAD & AP : DEC 2001
FP : 25 JAN 2002
RFE : OCT 2002.
RFE reply received: NOV 2002.
Local INS transfer: 2nd week of DEC 2002.
Interview letter received: 1st week of JAN 2003.
Interview & got stamp: Today( 03/03/2003).

Earlier I explained in this form.

I applied through Company A after 15 days my project over. So Company A told me to find out another job but we will support GC. After I got my EAD joined Company B. OCT 2002 got RFE regarding employment Verification and 6 pay stubs. I contacted Company A, they provided leave of absence letter and future employment and asked me to send company B pay stubs. I sent to Company a lawyer. INS received response and immediately transferred to Atlanta Local INS. Surprisingly I got Interview letter.

Today morning I went to INS. At 8:30 INS officer called me for Interview.

He asked me address, father name etc., and started verifying all documents in between asked original birth Certificate’s Card, recent pay stubs, tax returns and employment letter. It took him to finish 1 hour for my wife and mine. Finally he told I granted your application. He took sign, right finger print and looking for some document. Finally he told I don't have Internet access to get one document and I will try through another computer and went out and came back. He replied it would take some time so I will send you later. I requested him I will wait some time I don't have any problem. He agreed and asked me stay out side. After 1 1/2 hour came back and stamped.

Finally my long long trip over.

Best of luck guys who gave moral support and good information.

Thanks once again.

Bye.

great news

You are the first approved case under BCIS on this forum!

Please update rupnet.

Have fun

Thanks

Congrats

Hi Ramareddy ,

---
asked original birth Certificate’s Card,
----

Did you submit your BC along with your 485 ? Was it issued by local Municipality ? I was just trying to understand why the officer would ask for BC. Was your BC issued recently (I mean in the last five years.)

Thanks
DM

Hi 3DM,

Just he want to Verify the documents not any particular reason. All questions and documents to make sure only. Looks like typing mistake. SSN card and Birth certificate.

Thanks,

Congrates...any updates

Congratulations ramareddy, you are one lucky chap to get a interview call so soon. My case was transferred in the first week of sep 2002 and still haven't heard anything. Anybody in the same boat....

Enjoy your freedom....

Congrats ramareddy

You are a lucky chap ramareddy.....

waitingforaos: - I am also in the same boat.
My case was transferred on Nov 4th, no news yet.....

Re: Congrats ramareddy

Originally posted by jkmad
You are a lucky chap ramareddy.....

waitingforaos: - I am also in the same boat.
My case was transferred on Nov 4th, no news yet.....

Absolutely... transferred on October 21st and absolutely nothing heard back. Congressional inquiries brought about a "it will take up to two years".

Only useful bit of information is that they are apparently processing based on the Receipt Date, not the Notice Date, which is most helpful for August filers.

TheReal.........
Would you mind answering follwoing Q's

1) What response did the Congress man's office give you after inquiring with Atlanta INS ?

2) Do you know what "RD/ND Local Transfers" are being processed at Atlanta INS ?

3) Did contacting Congress man's office really help in your case ?

Thank you

Originally posted by ThakurSahab
1) What response did the Congress man's office give you after inquiring with Atlanta INS ?

2) Do you know what "RD/ND Local Transfers" are being processed at Atlanta INS ?

3) Did contacting Congress man's office really help in your case?

I'd be delighted to help you, and anyone else here, out with any answers I can provide.

1. I got a copy of a fax that they received from the INS office, stating that my case was pending interview scheduling, received in November 2002, and originally filed on 8/28/01. They are takin up to two years to deal with I-485s in Atlanta. The first two pieces of information were not new to me, as I had already been down to Atlanta and got that information after they did a RAFICS check for me. What was new is the confirmation that the actual RD was being used - which is important for me as my notice date is two months after my receipt date. I also heard that Special Registration was sucking up a lot of District Office time.

2. Do not know. I did not ask.

3. I'll be polite, and say "maybe". I did learn a bit of useful information, but not a lot. I guess the problem I have is that Congressional inquiries will get information out of the INS, but there's never any sense from anyone that the figures are as outrageous as they are. They'll simply repeat what the INS tells them. In some cases, you might get useful information, but not a huge amount. It's not limited to my Representative, I've seen a lot of that from other posters in this forum.

There are two things I should add to this discussion which may or may not be significant. The first was the mention that Special Registration was slowing down Atlanta INS - the fact that SR has been extended for Groups 3 and 4 to the end of March and April will set this back, which we weren't aware of. The other interesting thing I heard was that "why don't we take Atlanta INS at their word and see if things free up next month", ie. in March. That might be a hint that movement might occur this month, but that no one wanted to commit to that. Or it could mean "bug me in another seven weeks".

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something will happen on the interview front, but I am not holding my breath.