Got second FP notice after exact 15 months

BostonGC2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I got my secont FP notice yesterday in mail and the notice date is 7/30 I did my first FP on 05/01/2002. I m going to do it tomorrow for early FP. I change my address about 10 months ago and BCIS conferm me that my address is changed but I got my FP on my old address and luckly it was forwerded by Post office to my new address. Do I need to call BCIS and ask them to change my address again ??
Just want to share the information..
thanx

FP and 485 use different address system. Even if you updated 485 address, FP will be sent to old address.

Your case has not been assigned. After you do second fp, you'll be back in queue waiting

Hi Dingdang
thanx for info !! Could you please tell me it is a good sign to get second FP or it will further delay my process. I saw some people not get there second FP notice even they are long due.

BostonGC2002:
The same thing happened to me, they sent the 2nd FP notice to my old address. Their FP system is independent of I485 system. What a mess!! They are highly concerned about the security and they still have bad practice in place. Even though we update our addresses, they have our old addresses!!! god help us

i am not sure about this theory that FP system maintains addresses separately from 485 system. i also changed my address and they sent my 2nd FP notice to my new address

I saw somewhere on interenet(some lawyer's website) that FP is send to old address. But if you change address before the first FP, maybe it will be sent to new address?

Anyway, BostonGC, I'm not dingdang, can you look more carefully?
I know you're chinese and you think I use the ding ding dang dang as my name, but it's deng deng, waiting waiting. Just be careful.

Your case was not assigned. That happened for most Jan waiters. I don't know how long it takes for them to review your case, could be 1.5 months at best, could be forever at worst.
Jan is different from Dec, Dec ppl got assigned without 2nd FP, now all stuck on officers' desks waiting for 2ndFP, Jan got stuck
before assigned to officer because of 2ndFP.

If your FP is later, then you're lucky. And since you're from Boston, your FP is early, so you have to wait.

I think it depends who is generating FP notice, if it's automatic then they use First address and if case is assigned to officer then he'll use new address in the system. Just guessing:p

You could very well be right. :) Yes, the computer system probably doesn't know about the new address. My friend got
2 notices, one sent to old address, one to new. :)

Dengdeng,

It's not true. I got 2nd FP exact after 15 months of 1st FP at my new address and I changed address after 1st FP. But same BCIS address (1st FP) was mentioned on the notice.

BCIS's computer system is always messed up. Never expect when or where it may go wrong. For those 2nd FP sent to old address, probably you can update your address during FP in case you will get the 3nd FP. Just kidding:)

Other option

In addition to sending Finger Print notice to the Applicant, BCIS also send a copy to the Lawyer as they file the petition for you. So even you don't get it due to the change in address your lawyer should get a copy. Thanks.
M

There is no such thing that the msg will change when they issue the second FP you will get only in the mail and if you are lucky then after 2 FP msg will change with new 2FP date but most of the cases after second FP online msg remain same as after first FP.

My RD is 02/12/2002
Ne 03/04/2002