Got RFE

rajum

Registered Users (C)
RFE issued on my case on Sept 22.

My case details are as follows:
RD: 03/26/2002
ND: 04/10/2002
FP: 05/21/2003

Though I don't know the reason for RFE yet, I am looking for an good attorney in NJ/NY area. I filed 485 myself without an attorney and of course INS messed up my case.

I appreciate any inputs.

-rajum

Why do you think INS messed up your case? You can reply for the RFE yourself. If you want an attorney to represent you now, you need to use G-28 and go through that process.

No progress. Did my 2nd FP in August. The scheduled date was Sep 1st week. Don't know if I have to contact senator/congress person.

I never checked the INS for FP received date.
Anyway, my finger prints happened four months back and still there is good 11 months for it to expire.

My partial EAC number EAC-02-157-5XXXX

-rajum

Last edited by a moderator:
For Most RFE's don't need lawyer

You can reply to most RFE's without attorney. RFE is normally sent if there are any documents that needed to be sent along with the application are missing, or if they need additional document/evidence to support a particular situation as specified by you in the application.
If there are any questions, you can consult a attorney, but still reply by yourself, without having to go through the G-28 form submission[which is for informing USIS about your attorney]

rajum,
Looking for Attorney to reply RFE, waste of money. Unless you think it is complicated. It is really waste of money to have attorney for 485 process. I would say it is not a rocket science to do it ourselves.

Is the original RFE letter required to reply the RFE, is it supposed to be sent back with the reply? I have a fax copy of the letter from the lawyer. Will that be good enough if I reply by myself ?

bbt,
It is required to send original letter along with reply.

Ask your attorney to send original one. In RFE notice they clearly mentioned it.

dsatish,
Thank you for the reference.

omGV & manumahi,
Last month I changed my employer. I agree that for normal RFE an attorney is not required. I don't know the nature of RFE. It can be complex. I will explain my case in brief:
05/19/2000 - PD
08/29/2000 -labor approved
06/11/2001 - I-140 applied
06/11/2001 - I-824 applied for CP to chennai
08/29/2001 - I-824 approved( meanwhile not used an option
of going to Mexico)
INS never transferred file to NVC
11/20/2001 - NVC issued a letter saying that they never received the file
11/28/2001 - Applied duplicate I-140 with the expectation
that INS will issue duplicate in one month based
on IIO( told to attorney in front of me)

Finally with frustration of not happening anything, I applied for 485 based on original I-140 approval on 3/26/2002.
Duplicate I-140 got approved in 6/26/2002 after eight months. Got these time real option to go to Chennai as INS transferred the duplicate one to NVC but opted to continue with 485.

Now I am not sure what could be my RFE. If it is regular paystubs and employment letter, I may not go with any attorney. But if it is any complex question, I want to go through attorney.

I appreciate any of your inputs regarding attorneys in NJ/NY area,

-rajum

Thanks for your wishes...I hope and wish all of us should get as soon as possible...

-rajum

rajum

are you from NJ? I have the same ND as you and my FP date is only two days behind you. Did you see your RFE status on line? can you turn your PM feature on so I can send you a PM? thanks a lot.