Got RFE right now RD/08/03. very sad. Need help

gcwaitgc

Just head of the voice mail now that a RFE sent for me and my son. My wife's still have the old message.

I changed job before GC application. The lawyer did not sent INS about my last 2 years tax returns nor 4 paystubs.

Now I still don't know what the RFE is. But Now my last 4 paystubs are in my parent-in-law for his visa to visit US.

Any one knows what the RFE could be and how long I need to wait to get the RFE? Why don't my wife's message change?

Thanks A lot!

RFE could be for anything like photos/medical/employment/birth certificate. Your lawyer should get the RFE in 3-4 days. Maybe your wife's message didn't change because everything was ok. Don't worry, you will find out in 3-4 days.

Good luck1

Dont worry ...

y2002,

No one relishes receiving an RFE. So, I understand your concerns. But, don't worry 'cuz it could be for something very mundane such as asking for items that you have listed. Be positive and try to cheer up!

I'm too in the same boat as you are. Heard that an RFE has been issued for both I and my wife. From what I see here, RFEs are mostly requesting latest paystubs, last 2 years tax returns, W2s , letter from employer etc.

I didn't quite understand the following from your post:

- "I changed job before GC application. The lawyer did not sent INS about my last 2 years tax returns nor 4 paystubs."

Are you trying to say that since the time you filed I-485 that you have changed jobs? I believe that it should be ok as long as 180 days had elapsed (people correct me here). I don't think you have to send the tax returns when you submit I-485, because I don't remember my lawyer do that. Even otherwise, you could always furnish them on request, provided you have the tax returns, W2s and the pay stubs ready.

- "Now I still don't know what the RFE is. But Now my last 4 paystubs are in my parent-in-law for his visa to visit US. "

Does the above mean that you have sent the originals of the last 4 paystubs to your in-laws for their visa formalities? If that is the case, it could be as simple as requesting a duplicate from your company or asking your in-laws to photo-copy them and FEDEX them to you from wherever they are! Or, they can even fax them to you!

- "Any one knows what the RFE could be and how long I need to wait to get the RFE? Why don't my wife's message change? "

My guess is that they are requesting the items (some or all) listed above. The RFE should reach your lawyer in about a week or ten days. In a way, the RFE being just for you and your son, sounds a little better. It could just be for some documents pertaining to your job and may be the medicals for your son! In any case, talk to an IIO and ask if an RFE has been sent for your wife as well.

Finally, rest and don't lose sleep until the RFE arrives. You will be fine!

Good luck to both of us.

-Raj

Dont Worry

More than 20% of applicants usually do get RFE's...
Normally they are for very very silly reasons...
It might be just bcos U might have changed UR address and it does not reflect correctly on UR 485..

Dont worry until U receive the RFE...

...more than 20%....

I'd like to ask people to be more precise with numbers, even when expressing their opinions. It's hard to understand what "more than 20% means" - 30%, 70%??

Sahib Q,

It is understood you moron that 'more than 20%' means b/w 20-30%...

I saw your earlier messages today and can observe your attitude.. You seem to behave like habib and will get thrashed..

Others, RFE is becoming very common.. Good or Bad atleast our files are being reviewed...

I also received RFE

Y2002
I also received rfe yesterday for myself and daughter and for my wife it is still the same old message...
Keep in touch and will let you knwo when I hear something.
:confused:

Could you please let me know what is the RFE for you and your daugter?

Just guess what will for me and my son.

Thanks a lot!