Got RFE for 2nd EAD

NV2001

Registered Users (C)
All 2nd EAD filers TAKE NOTE

My first EAD expired 10/24/02. 485 is still pending. Filed for 2nd EAD on 07/17/02 and got interim EAD on 10/21.

Now I find that INS is issuing an RFE on 11/01.
I have the following questions, anybody with answers please respond:

(i) As far as I know I had submitted all docuements that are necessary for EAD such as 485 notice copy, EAD copy, photos, original EAD tag, check etc. What can INS ask for evidence about?

(ii) How does this RFE affect my 485 processing ? Is there any connection between the two?

(iii) Finally is there anybody that got an RFE for a second EAD and if so whats the RFE about and whats the final outcome?

Appreciate any answers.
NV2001

Last edited by a moderator:
NV2001,
Did you apply by urself? If so these are the documents you need to send for renewal...

1. 2 passport photos. Write A# and name on the back
2. Form 765
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of last EAD receipt
5. Both sides copy of last EAD card
6. $120 check.

if you have already sent these documents...
then it can be for photos(in some cases INS may miss them or they may not be clear)
if you are not the primary applicant it can be for marriage certificate...
That's all i can think of...
-PS

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be just photographs... I think "PrasadS" specified every thing possible, and I don't have any thing more to add.

-PCee

I had provided all those..

except that I had not written A# and my name on the back of the photographs.

could be a request for signature form

It happened to me with the first RFE. Even tho the signature form is not required, that's what I got my RFE for. I believe that some of the folks got similar RFEs.

- Dom

Yes I got my first EAD without RFE

Originally posted by shreya
did you get first EAD without RFE
What is your RD & ND

RD 5/13/01
ND 7/12/01

DOM thanks for your input.

NV2001

Received RFE notice

This is the text:

"Submit a copy of the I-797 approval notice or receipt notice (Notice of Action Form I-797C) for the I-140, I-360 or I-526 that was approved in your behalf. If you have filed the I-485 as a derivative alien, submit your spouse's or parent's I-797 for his/her I-485 AND the I-797 for his/her approved or pending I-140, I-360 or I-525. Also, if you are claiming derivative status, submit a marriage or birth certificateas proof of relationship. If you can not provide this evidence of eligibility, please explain."

I am the principal applicant so I have to basically submitt my I-140 approval notice. It looks like a first because along with application I already had submitted copies of the first EAD. Strange but can not question, so I asked my attorney to send me a copy of the document.
I consider myself lucky because the RFE arrived within 5 days of issuing.

This is the reason why CSC is so backlogged. They waste time issuing such meaningless RFEs. Why the hell they need copy of I-140 approval at this stage. If they really need it why can't they retrieve it from their own file.

These low level employees (of INS) .... really crooks.

Online status changed

I had mailed my response to RFE on 11/13 and it was delivered to INS on 11/14. Now the status changed to

"On November 29, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 140 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 90 days. You will receive a written decision on this case."

I wonder what is INS busy with these days, they are taking 15 days to open the mail. As we all can see their processing has all but come to a halt and we are not hearing of many new applicatios for H1B or GC are being filed.

interim EAD

NV2001,
hello! can u tell me how u got the interim EAD. what did u have to do for that. i recently read a piece somewhere which said that they are now stopping the same day issuance of EAD. my EAD expires on dec. 9. receipt date for renewal is sept.4 . now can i expect to get the renewal or the interim ID if i go to the INS on dec.4?
thank you!

Re: interim EAD

Originally posted by cscgc19
NV2001,
hello! can u tell me how u got the interim EAD. what did u have to do for that. i recently read a piece somewhere which said that they are now stopping the same day issuance of EAD. my EAD expires on dec. 9. receipt date for renewal is sept.4 . now can i expect to get the renewal or the interim ID if i go to the INS on dec.4?
thank you!

Take a completed i-765 form and a pending 485 notice (take the original) and your existing EAD card. That should do it.

Please post your experience as it is going to be pointer of things that are happening nowadays.

2nd EAD approved

I finally have a good news to tell all. Its minor but for me its like an oasis. My 2nd EAD is approved today per the online status:
""Receipt Number: wac022365xxxx

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On December 04, 2002, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes between 120 and 140 days. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

This case was approved after a needless RFE. I filed the EAD renewal for myself with RD of 07/19/02.

Somehow I believe

they are being told to slow down i-485. While they have nothing to do, they just invent something to keep their jobs.

After reading this thread only one thing coms to my mind.

They reall suck.

Do't they hv anthing better to do , or some one has to remind them that there are plenty of AOS application pending.

Online status changed again

Today status is:

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On December 06, 2002, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

Does it mean they mailed my new EAD card? Thats fast and I wish INS is half as quick with my 485 application pending since 5/2001