quick, but useless response

I got response in minutes with my 02-033 cases, but useless

Your cases are currently with the division that handles I-485 cases. These
cases are undergoing name/security checks. Unfortunately, I will not be
able to
give you a time frame as to when these checks will be over. When this is
done,
cases will be forwarded to an officer and be placed in line for current
adjudication. You may check back with us after 90 days.

Officer XXXX
Division 12
I-485 Unit

I am sort of beginning to get reassured that .. that email enquiry crap is turning out to be yet another 949#, IIO crap in the long run.

My 2c worth...

I think this 2nd level e-mail inquiry gave/giving reasonable info!

As almost every on on this board agrees it is quite unpredictable to exactly say how may days it will take to get an approval on AOS (irrespective of the current status of the case) based on all the variables and how processing is done in CSC.

By following the repsponses to these fax/EMail responses here is the procedure I think they are following:

If it is time for the case to be adjucated it may be in any of the following four stages:
1. The case is assigned to AO (in this case the response is it will take between 30-45 days to adjucate your case). I got this response.
2. The case is not yet assigned but after sending FAX/e-mail inquiry the officer puts it in line for an AO to pick up the case. It seems AOs are already assigned app. a month worth of cases and it may take a while to pick up fresh cases. It seems there are very few AOs working on AOS cases at this time. So the response is app 90 days. That means 45 days to pickup the case and 45 days to adjucate it.
3. All Security checks are cleared and waiting int he shelf to be assigned. But it won't be adjucated any time soon. (If some one sends an inquiry and if the dates are well with in JIT then it may be moved into step #2).
4. Waiting for Security checks to be cleared. Will take time.

-PCee

By the way What ever info an IIO can give that we cannot find by calling AVM or online message -it seems they are giving it very clearly in EMail inquiry (without all those problems calling IIO).
like:
"Is is assigned to AO",
"Did processing resumed after FPs? -AVM is not updated yet",
"Is it waiting for any security checks OR Ready for adjucation"

If some one is expecting exact estimate of how many days it will take to get an approval, I guess at this point of time no one can tell until it is really approved.

- PCee

I think the real problem is that even INS doesn't know how long it is gonna take .. they give our files to FBI for security checks .. and the FBI might or might not reply .. basically

Originally posted by Silly Man
I think the real problem is that even INS doesn't know how long it is gonna take .. they give our files to FBI for security checks .. and the FBI might or might not reply .. basically

SM, the cheks these email inquiries are referring to are not FBI checks. Instead they are checked againest different databases. Name checks and background checks are done in a group of state and federal court DB and NSEERS check is done against DB maintained by custome enforcement.

Since this is happening for the first time, they may not know how long does it take.

Originally posted by PCee
I think this 2nd level e-mail inquiry gave/giving reasonable info! ...
It seems there are very few AOs working on AOS cases at this time. So the response is app 90 days. That means 45 days to pickup the case and 45 days to adjucate it.
- PCee

PCee, this 90 days stuff is crap. I got this reply in March through my attorney and I got it recently after 90 days. :) They've always been giving 90 days in email responses.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: