Got recommended approval in F1 status

hug

Registered Users (C)
Hi

40 days ago I applied for asylum. last week was my interview and today I got recommended approval by mail (7 days!).

I am in F1 status (graduate student) and working full time as RA .

I do not need to work off-campus ... Do I still need to apply for EAD to keep my job? Do I need to report my situation to international office? Do I need to change my SSN restriction?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you do because you dont know when your approval shall come ,it can take months or even years,but I think you are in good shape

After receiving recommended approval I applied for EAD, but it is more than two months that its status is "initial review" ! How long does it take ?
Does the card status change right after approval or it takes days to be changed? I mean is it possible to receive the card by mail while the card status on the website is still "initial review"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually the card takes some time ,I think mine took a little time too but I was not on recommended approval ,mine is still pending but it is weird that yours is taking enough time ,where did you apply for asylum?.

I did it in Chicago office and got recommended approval in one week. The EAD center is Nebraska !

It means we have the same EAD center ,what I will advice you is to send a letter to the center about your application.Don't worry ,it wont hurt your asylum ,because you have already been granted asylum but there are some security checks the FBI needs to finish before you get the approval letter ,if you know your criminal record is clean and you are clean in everything ,then there is nothing to be afraid ,just wait but for the moment send an inquiry to nebraska ,that was the same place I sent mine since I stay in Missouri .You are so lucky to have had your asylum answered that rapidly because mine is almost pass 1year since my interview date.Good luck

Absolutely report to your International office, otherwise, if you dont tell them, they will report you to USCIS even though you are legal but for the school they have no idea. Thats what i did. I gave the school a copy of my i94 asylum granted and the school cancelled my international student status.

Hi

40 days ago I applied for asylum. last week was my interview and today I got recommended approval by mail (7 days!).

I am in F1 status (graduate student) and working full time as RA .

I do not need to work off-campus ... Do I still need to apply for EAD to keep my job? Do I need to report my situation to international office? Do I need to change my SSN restriction?

I am not granted yet ! I am recommended for approval... still pending status ! Do I still need to report that ?

Today my EAD was approved (65 days) :) !

:D ...Yesterday I got the final approval ! 8 months after interview.

I was still in F1 status.