Got receipt notice with "Receipt with Exception"

Evergreen

Registered Users (C)
The notice is stating:
"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

I don't feel I have missed any material. I am single and never married.

I mailed in the following:
N-400 application form
2 photos
copies of back and front of GC
Application fee.

I mentioned I have gotten traffic tickets in N-400. I am not sure if this is the reason I have missed "evidence".

It said they will send me a separate notice, do you know if it's far earlier of the interview date. I hope I will have time to prepare the evidence they need from me. I don't know if I call the NSC, they will give me this specific information.

Please advise if you have received your notice with the same statement and how you will do.

Thanks in advance.

Evergreen

Evergreen said:
The notice is stating:
"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

I mentioned I have gotten traffic tickets in N-400. I am not sure if this is the reason I have missed "evidence".

Evergreen

Dude, you just illustrated the virtues of reading this forum. The traffic
tickets got your the evidence missing note as many people have stated.

Other people have stated when they were interviewed, the officer told
them not to put down miscallaneous traffic tickets.

It doesn't seem to hold up your interview, read a few threads on traffic
tickets to prepare yourself.

What about copy of passport and social security.?Passport to verify you travel and social for ID.Could be these 2.You should read some thread before you mail stuff out.They are very helpfull and accurate in most case.

Actually, the "missing evidences" thing is pretty standard, regardless of whether you omitted anything or not. I wouldn't worry about it - if USCIS want you to bring something specific to the interview, they will let you know in the interview appointment notice.

boatbod said:
Actually, the "missing evidences" thing is pretty standard, regardless of whether you omitted anything or not. I wouldn't worry about it - if USCIS want you to bring something specific to the interview, they will let you know in the interview appointment notice.

I'm not sure saying its "standard" is correct. Most of my colleagues
are fairly tame so have no traffic tickets or arrests and none of us
got "missing evidence" on our receipts. I'm sure something has
been flagged on your file and you better make sure you have the
documentation to satisfy USCIS otherwise your case may drag on.

Well, maybe its random then? I know that I certainly got it on my initial notice, but wasn't missing any docs and wasn't asked for anything extra at interview. Also it seems to be a fairly common discussion topic around here...

Got the same

I got the same thing today. Had a traffic ticket. Hoping that is the cause of this exception.

Mailed Nov-06
Rcvd by INS: Nov 7
Check Cashed: Nov 14
Rcvd Receipt with Exception: Nov 18
FP: ???

It may be a flag to alert reviewers to look carefully for these cases due to a "Yes" were checked in the criminal section. I looked over the old posts, look like not a lot of people be required to provide additional evidence.

Thanks for your responses.

Have a good day.

I got my N400 Receipt with Exception today. I had 2 traffic tickets, in 2001 and 2006. Luckily I had ALL docs and Payment Receipts on both Tickets and I had sent copies of the same with the Application.

Docs sent: Passport copy, Photos, GC copy, Traffic Ticket Docs., Checks.

Yet I got Receipt with Exception. Do they want Selective Service Letter. I got my GC at 28 and was on H1 and F1 before that, so I did not have to register for Selective Service.

If they still need Selective Service letter, how do I get it?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about it - if they want anything specific, you'll be informed at the time you receive your interview notice.

I got a receipt with exception as well. The only thing they asked for during the interview (Dallas DO) was my passport and green card (I had included a copy of each of these - they wanted to see the originals).

Is passport copy mandatory to send?

Is passport copy one of the mandatory documents, in the N-400 guide/instructions, it mentions only green card copy (front & back), photos and check. Correct me if i missed the passport thing elsewhere, i did not include passport copy and i did not get request for any evidence in the receipt notice.

As for the traffic tickets, the pitfalls of being a perfectionist or atleast trying to follow some of the perfectionists in this forum who seem to be very vocal and insist that you do exactly the samething as they did and mention the minor traffic violations seem to be getting people in trouble with request for evidence.

Regardless from what you receive with an "Exception" or without.
To prepare for your interview:

1. Passport (make a copy of all pages it will help)
2. GC
3. Bank Statements
4. CC Statements
5. Utility Bills
6. Lease (if you have one)
7. Employer Letter (preferable)
8. Tax Return with copies of W2 ( very important) for 5 years
9. Any other document as per your application, traffic ticket, court dispostion, etc....

You never know what enough is...it does not hurt to take it all...When asked for anything show it...else this one day you will not have to be worried about mailing or coming back.

Just a friendly advise.